BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah Pedal Buyers Review (January 2021)
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah Pedal
- ✔ Features Decay, Manual, Sensitivity & Mode Control Knobs
- ✔ Humanizer Effect - Creates Human Voice Type Vowel Sounds
- ✔ Manual Mode - Set Tempo To Fixed Rate
- ✔ Separate Guitar & Bass Inputs
- Compact pedal creates a variety of classic “wah” effects
- Dynamic wah sounds provide variable effect based on picking strength
- “Humanizer” effect creates human voice-type vowel sounds
- Dedicated Bass input for processing bass guitar
- EXP Pedal mode allows wah control via optional expression pedal
- Tempo can be set for pedal control or at fixed rate via Manual mode
- BOSS five-year warranty
The BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah pedal gives guitarists a wide range of classic auto-wah and dynamic wah effects, plus a new “Humanizer” effect which can simulate human vowel sounds. A Bass input provides a variety of funky wah sounds for bass guitar.
The AW-3 Dynamic Wah is the first compact wah pedal to incorporate human voice-type sounds through a new “Humanizer” Mode. Of course, you can also choose from standard up-and-down wah effects, plus a Tempo Mode and resonant synth-like Sharp Mode.
Choose from both fixed and auto wah settings using the Manual control or pedal for tempo input. By connecting an optional expression pedal, the AW-3 can also be used for Pedal Wah effects. A dedicated Bass input permits direct processing of bass guitars.
Something a little different from the other wah pedals we’ve reviewed so far. This recommendation is an ‘auto’ wah pedal rather than the manual ones resembling the Cry baby design. This gives you the ability to mix things in your performances without even flexing your ankle. The AW-3 will do all the heavy lifting for you. You just need to decide which of the many different configurations is right for you.