Top 10 Best Tremolo Pedals on The Market (September 2020)
Guitar effects are very popular in the world. The best tremolo pedals on the market create simple yet amazing effects. In short a tremolo guitar pedal changes the volume of a signal.
Tremolo effect are among the simplest and oldest guitar effects on the market. Furthermore, they are used in almost every popular genre of music.
In addition to being so simple to use, tremolo effects pedals are very versatile and can do a lot to your tone. Simply use one as part of your effects chain and hear the difference.
What Is A Tremolo Pedal?
A tremolo pedal is a tool that modulates a guitars original sound. It does this by altering the volume of the guitars sound. It increases and decreases the sound again and again, resulting in the tremolo effect.
Tremolos are some of the most prolific and iconic sounds known to come from an electric guitar. Tremolo pedals can have variable or preset rates of effect. Some are easy to use and some offer total control. It all depends on whether you want a hands on or hands off approach.
How Does A Tremolo Pedal Work?
A Tremolo pedal is able to create this modulation effects by simply varying the volume levels resulting in a rhythmic change. This change is repeated at a rapid rate. The equivalent of you manually turning your volume control up and down in rapid succession, again and again and again.
Tremolo pedals don’t all sound the same. Some devices alter your tones waveform while others have more complex features. These features vary from model to model however the indication of ‘enhanced features’ is usually by the tremolo pedal having several control knobs. Having 2 dials or less usually means the tremolo pedal is quite simplistic in design and easy to use. Some have 4 or more controls and these effect pedals usually have more modes and choices at hand.
These dials are commonly depth, rate, mode and volume knob controls.
Some tremolo pedals come with expression pedal attachments, or can be connected to an expression pedal to manage the rate, volume or depth controls of the tremolo effect.
Tremolo Pedal Features
Tremolo pedals can have true bypass which is great if you want the effect to stop immediately when you disengage the pedal. However if you’re looking for a subtle fade out a buffered bypass would be more suitable.
Tremolo pedals can vary greatly when it comes to the sound that each model is able to create. These devices alter your tone’s waveform, but some models have only two dials, while others can have four or more. You can choose a tremolo pedal that has some basic waveforms or you can search for a pedal that has more complex features.
Hopefully you’ll find the right tremolo pedal (or pedals!) in this list of the best tremolo pedals on the market.
Supro 1310 Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Designed To Recreate 1960's American Amplifier Effects
- ✔ Two Vintage Effects - Amplitude & Harmonic
- ✔ Configurable Knobs For Depth, Gain & Speed Controls
- ✔ Beautifully Designed Pedal
- Controls: Depth, Gain and Speed
- Amplitude or Harmonic Mode (switchable)
- Expression pedal connection for speed control
- Power consumption: 30 mA
- Dimensions: 12 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm
1310 Analog Harmonic Tremolo Pedal. The 1310 Analog Harmonic Tremolo is an analog stompbox designed to recreate two of the most desirable vacuum tube based modulation effects found in American amplifiers of the 1960’s. The Supro 1310 Analog Harmonic Tremolo pedal’s AMPLITUDE / HARMONIC switch allows the musician to choose between these distinctly different, vintage effects.
- AMPLITUDE mode provides the traditional swampy, tremolo sounds generated by bias modulating the power tubes in the original Supro amps.
- HARMONIC mode provides the psychedelic tones of Leo Fender’s brownface and blonde amps from the early ’60s.
Supro has implemented Leo’s unique “harmonic tremolo” effect within the output stage of the pedal to create an “amp-like” modulation experience. The Supro 1310 Analog Harmonic Tremolo pedal features pre-amp and power amp sections, with an actual output transformer deployed to recreate the magnetic saturation and coloration of the original vacuum tube based effects found in these historic amps.
Along with the standard modulation controls for speed and depth, the Supro 1310 Analog Harmonic Tremolo also features a gain circuit that allows the musician to overdrive the output stage, right where the modulation effects are created.
The GAIN control sets the amount of “preamp” gain in the pedal. As you turn the gain up, the “power amp” circuit will gradually be pushed into overdrive. This control gives you a wide range of sounds from clean to grind, with magnetic saturation occurring as the power section is pushed into overdrive. As you crank up the gain, the overall output level of the Supro 1310 Analog Harmonic Tremolo is automatically compensated in order to maintain consistent signal level. This allows the musician to use the GAIN control to alter the texture of the modulation effects without an overwhelming increase in audio output level.
SPEED and DEPTH controls determine the rate and amount of modulation present in the effect. An industry-standard TRS expression pedal can be used to control the speed of the Supro tremolo. When an expression pedal is in use, the on-board SPEED knob is used to set the maximum value. The rate of modulation is indicated by the pulsing LED status indicator. All Supro pedals are assembled in Port Jefferson, NY, USA, featuring custom-tooled, anodized, brushed-aluminum enclosures, 9V battery or DC powered operation, rear-mounted metal jacks, easy-access side-mounted battery drawer and studio-friendly, noiseless (click-free) true-bypass switching.
EarthQuaker Devices Night Wire V2 Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Adjust The Depth, Rate, Level And Frequency
- ✔ Setting Depth To Zero Will Make It Act Like A Fixed Filter
- ✔ Strong, Well Made Pedal
- ✔ Made In Akron, Ohio
- Harmonic tremolo with adjustable filters
- Flexi-switch for momentary or latching operation
- Filter Frequency has Manual, LFO, and Attack modes for tonal variety
- Filter Frequency Manual mode sets center point to a fixed position with frequency control
- Filter Frequency LFO mode continuously sweeps and frequency control adjusts the LFO rate
- Filter Frequency Attack mode dynamically sweeps the filters responding to your pick attack and frequency control sets the range
- Tremolo section has Manual and Attack Modes
- Tremolo Manual mode uses rate control to set the speed
- Attack mode responds to pick attack
Wampler Latitude Tremolo Standard V2 Pedal
- ✔ Designed To Keep Your Tone Perfectly Balanced Within A Perfect Tremolo
- ✔ Controls To Choose Speed, Depth & Volume
- ✔ Hand Built In The USA
- ✔ Soft Relay Switching - True Bypass
- Top mounted input/output jacks
- Power; 9V power jack
- Power Draw; 30mA
- Dimensions; 3.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm)
The Latitude Standard is simply designed to keep your tone balanced within a beautiful and full tremolo. Expect the best of both sweet vintage tones and more modern helicopter chops. It offers a pure signal path that allows the tremolo effect to be layered across the top for the best sound possible. Features a standard sine wave and controls for level, speed and depth to easily chase the perfect tremolo tone. The volume control allows you to shape your tone so your tremolo is just right.
The Depth knob controls how much of the tremolo effect you hear. With the control fully counterclockwise the signal will be unaffected, full clockwise will have the most depth. You will find this knob really allows you to control the amount of the effect and will make the sound balance perfectly for you.
Controls the speed of the tremolo effect, i.e. the number of times your guitar peaks at full volume per minute.
The overall output level of the pedal. Counterclockwise is low with fully clockwise being high. Unity volume is around 12 o’clock, but this may have to be changed if your guitar is particularly high or low output.
The Wampler Latitude Tremolo Standard V2 guitar effects pedal is more the pedal you need, rather than just want. With it you can meaningfully adjust the attack and decay of a note like no other pedal type. Often good for a clean boost too. Compared to others in the market this pedal is worth every cent for it’s tone chasing sounds. A great addition to any pedal board family.
J. Rockett Audio Designs Mr. Moto Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Tremolo And Reverb Can Run Independently Or Together
- ✔ Large Range Of Effect From Very Subtle To Choppy Rhythmic Pulse
- ✔ Features J. Rockett "Speed Switch" System
- ✔ Features Depth, Speed, Wave And Verb Knobs
- Tremolo / Reverb
- Musical tremolo and rich spring reverb in one pedal
- Infinitely adjustable tremolo, from gentle sinusoidal to stuttering rectangular waveform
- Both effects can be used individually or together
- True Bypass
- Controls for Depth, Speed, Wave and Reverb
- 6.3 mm Mono jack input/output
- Bypass foot switch
- Metal casing
- Power supply via 9 V DC power supply (2.1 mm x 5.5 mm hollow plug, polarity (-) inside, not included)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 102 x 59 x 32 mm
- Weight: 730 g
- Made in USA
The Mr. Moto is everything you wish your amp had built in. The Mr. Moto is a very musical Tremolo with a super lush spring reverb as well. Both can be run independently or together. The Tremolo can go from a very subtle throb to a choppy rhythmic pulse. Mr. Moto is great for very lush, beautiful tones all the way to full on surf rock. The options are many but no matter where you set it the effect can completely change your tone, feel and the way you approach music altogether.
TC Electronic Pipeline Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Tap Tempo Control To Keep Your Tremolo Right On The Beat
- ✔ Speed, Depth, Volume, Subdivisions And Toggle Switch Controls
- ✔ American-Styled Amp Tremolo Available In 'Vintage Mode'
- ✔ Toneprint Feature To Download Presets And Send From Your Phone To The Pedal
- Editable tremolo pedal with vintage and modern sounds
- Tap Tempo & Volume Boost
- True Bypass
- Controls: Speed, Depth, Volume, Subdivision
- Switch: Vintage / Toneprint / Square
- Foot switch: Bypass
- Input 6.3 mm jack
- Output 6.3 mm jack
- 9 V DC power supply connection (coaxial socket 5.5 x 2.1 mm, negative pole inside)
- Power Consumption: 100 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 72 x 122 x 50 mm
Ingenious Tap Tempo Tremolo with Sequencer, Subdivisions and TonePrints For Both Vintage and Adventurous Tremolo Sounds
With PIPELINE TAP TREMOLO at your feet, you have access to the warm, organic sounding sinus curves of the ’60s, the jagged edge rotor blade clippings reminiscent of helicopter landings, and everything in between. Whether you are looking for a classic surf sound or the syrupy wobble of the Motown era, the Vintage mode has got you covered, while the Square mode yields a more aggressive and edgy modern sound.
JHS Tidewater Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Small Sized Pedal - Great Option For A Crowded Pedal Board
- ✔ Volume, Mix And Speed Knobs Allow For Personalized Input
- ✔ Fantastic Tones
- ✔ Internal Dip Switches Allows For Further Customization
- Inspired by the rich sound of vintage Fender and Vox amplifier tremolo
- Can also be used as a warm preamp boost by turning the mix down and the volume up
- Internal DIP switches allow you to select a faster or slower speed range
JHS offer a range of compact, high quality tremolo pedals aimed at guitar enthusiasts, with the Tidewater occupying the middle of the pack. Compact and durable, this pedal is a great option for gigging, rehearsals and even for use in the studio. The JHS Pedals Tidewater is a sonic wave of vintage ‘blackface’ tremolo, drenching your tone in classy character.
Utilising only three controls, the Tidewater is effortless to work with. Volume has control over the boost of the effect. Mix alters the depth of the tremolo effect, whether it’s a light spray or engulfs your tone. Turn this all the way down for a warm preamp boost. Turn the speed knob to alter the repetitions of the tremolo, indicated by the LED light which will flash in time.
For those of you who don’t mind getting hand’s on, open up the pedal for access to the internal controls. There are three small dipswitches behind the PCB. In the down position the speed range is faster. push them up for a slower rate.
Great for beginners looking for a more high-end, compact pedal than some of the lower-cost effects in this guide. Perfect for storing and transporting in a gig bag or guitar case too for travelling guitarists.
BOSS TR-2 Tremolo Effects Pedal
- ✔ Dedicated Wave, Rate And Depth Knobs
- ✔ High Quality Build - Built To Last
- ✔ Rate Control Allows For Higher Speed Adjustment Than Previous Models
- ✔ Wave Control Allows For Precise Effect Tailoring
- Provides guitarists with high-quality vintage tremolo effects in an easy-to-use compact pedal
- Dedicated “Wave,” “Rate” and “Depth” knobs allow for precise effect tailoring
- “Rate” control allows for higher speed adjustment than BOSS’ classic PN-2
- “Wave” control alters LFO waveform from triangle to square
- “Depth” control determines the strength of the effect
- BOSS five-year warranty
The Boss TR-2 tremolo pedal has many positive aspects. The main being with it’s particular set of controls, one can navigate through a few different vintage style sounds as well as tweak those sounds to suit the style & other equipment they are playing with.
The classic Boss TR-2 Tremolo Pedal creates real vintage tremolo guitar sounds and variations. Built-in wave knob lets you alter the LFO waveform from triangle to square for a wider range of tremolo variations. Rate knob is a sweepable high-speed LFO control, allowing the Boss TR-2 greater control over tremolo speed.
Overall, the TR2 is excellent value for money, offers a good sound, is tough & readily available.
Hotone Skyline Trem Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Fender-Amp Sounding Tremolo With Tone Color Control
- ✔ Optical Components For Smooth Vintage Tone
- ✔ True Bypass Foot Switch - Keeps Your Guitar Sound Pure
- ✔ Hard Button Provides A Wider Range With A Drastic Pulsing Feel
- True Bypass Footswitch
- Zinc Alloy Outer Cover
- Transparent top knob and 2 noctilucent small knobs
- Cool LED lights
The Hotone Skyline Series TREM optical tremolo pedal will deliver pulsating guitar tone. Whether it is surf you are after or something a little scarier, TREM will give you the lush, liquid waves you’re looking for. The classic tone of photoelectric tremolo, with wide range adjustability and smooth, well-proportioned pulsing character.
Build-wise, the pedal’s spec is way beyond what you’d usually expect from a stompbox of this size. There’s a hefty zinc alloy enclosure, a rod to protect the knobs from your size 10s, while the switching is true bypass. Inspired by the legendary Fender Twin Amp*, the special circuit design ensures the consistency of output volume at different speeds. Additional EQ circuit offers more options for sound decoration.
What a little pocket rocket. Despite looking like a cool little robot face this tremolo pedal is built like a tank. It’s not going to take much room on your pedal board so if you want a good value tremolo pedal and a mini one is your preference. Give the Hotone Skyline Trem a chance.
BEHRINGER UT300 Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Designed With Quality Components To Compete With The Best On The Market
- ✔ Dedicated Rate, Wave & Depth Controls
- ✔ Beautiful Orange Colour
- ✔ Battery Or Mains Powered
When you’ve got to have the classic tremolo made famous by vintage ’50s amps, get the ULTRA TREMOLO UT300. Like Waves Lapping at the Shoreline. The classic surf music of the ’50s and ’60s might not have even happened if tremolo hadn’t come along.
Vintage amps produced this intriguing effect by pulsing the volume of the instrument signal at a user-adjustable rate. The UT300 pays homage to this legendary sound, bringing it up to date for modern surf freaks.
With its dedicated RATE, WAVE and DEPTH dials, you can shape a pulsating tremolo that nails every sound from rowdy rockabilly and surging surf to modern space-rock.
A red LED tells you when the effect is activated, and you can power this groovy stomp box with either a PSU-SB DC power supply (not included) or a 9 V battery. A top-quality On/Off switch maintains excellent signal integrity in bypass mode. Ride the wave of classic tremolo aboard the ULTRA TREMOLO UT300. And the best part you’ll still have money for board wax and gas to get you to the beach if you’re so inclined.
This is an affordable tremolo unit that offers great sound quality with a deep sensuous spring reverb. You have to take the Behringer UT300 seriously, we have. Check it out for yourself.
Wampler Latitude Tremolo Pedal
- ✔ Handmade In The USA
- ✔ High Grade Components For Top Quality Sound And Response
- ✔ True Bypass
- ✔ Three Subdivisions Of Tap Tempo
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.com
or Choose Your Preferred Region
- Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- 9v power jack – DC supply only, no battery connection within.
- Power draw: 30mA
- Tap tempo with three subdivisions
- 3 choices of waveform (square, sine and peak)
- Speed, depth, attack, space and level controls.
- 3.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
From the sweet shimmering tremolo of yesteryear to helicopter choppiness of today, the tremolo has been a staple for guitar effects. With one foot in sweet vintage tremolo tones and one foot in more modern helicopter chops, the Wampler Latitude Tremolo Deluxe offers the best of both worlds.
Finally there is a Tremolo with all the bells and whistles. This tremolo pedal was designed for the player that wants a plethora of tremolo options underfoot. The Latitude utilizes digital technology to control a completely analog guitar signal path; bringing you the best of both worlds.
With its tap tempo controls and multiple time divisions – the Latitude is easy to sync with whatever song you are playing. Have a drummer whose time keeping is a little off? The tap tempo control will regulate your tremolo speed on the fly. The Latitude Deluxe offers players the choice of four divided sub-divisions: Quarter notes, eighth notes, dotted eighth notes, and triplets. With your choice of 3 waves forms (Peak, Sine, and Square) you can keep your tremolo classy or get it as nasty as you want.
Thanks to the volume control option, your tremolo effect won’t get lost in the mix. The Latitude also features the Wampler standard true by-pass so your guitar’s natural tone won’t be affected when your pedal is not engaged.
From true vintage mojo to modern syncopated pulsating – the Latitude Deluxe was designed to cover all of your tremolo needs.
- Supro 1310 Tremolo Pedal
- EarthQuaker Devices Night Wire V2 Tremolo Pedal
- Wampler Latitude Tremolo Standard V2 Pedal
- J. Rockett Audio Designs Mr. Moto Tremolo Pedal
- TC Electronic Pipeline Tremolo Pedal
- JHS Tidewater Tremolo Pedal
- BOSS TR-2 Tremolo Effects Pedal
- Hotone Skyline Trem Tremolo Pedal
- BEHRINGER UT300 Tremolo Pedal
- Wampler Latitude Tremolo Pedal