Best Reverb Pedals For Guitar (January 2021)
A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With the volume, mix, decay, pre-delay and tone controls apparent on most reverb pedals you’re able to adjust your reverb effect to exactly how you want it.
Reverb pedals have been around since the late 50s. Although these early models are far simpler than the modern day versions. The original reverb pedal designs are known as ‘plate reverb.
By mounting a metal plate using spring clips and running a the guitars signal though. An audio signal is able to vibrate the plate. Microphones positioned throughout the pedal are able to pick up the vast array of micro-vibrations. The signal is layers with these sounds, resulting in a convincing rendition of a resonant room. Plate reverb pedals were a hit.
Later advancements in the 60s lead to the creation of spring reverb pedals. This effect not only appears in pedal form but is apparent on many guitar amplifiers. The audio signal is sent down a coiled metal spring inside the pedal. A transducer at one end and a pickup at the other. Vibrations are caused within the metal spring. The signal is defused down the spring, resulting in the effect being captured by the pickup.
Fast forward to today and you’ll find it’s possible to achieve the same ‘real room’ tones with the use of digital processors. Furthermore, as these pedals create an entirely emulated sound, the reverb can be customized with a few simple configurations.
Digital reverb pedals can come with a range of controls. The following settings are common on some of the most popular reverb pedals for guitarists.
The effect ration is quite a straight forward configuration. You have two signals, the original dry input signal from your guitar. The second is the ‘reverberated’ signal created by the pedal. The effect ration is the difference in volume between the two signals. A ‘dry’ mix prioritizes the unaffected original signal, while a ‘wet’ mix prioritizes the reverberated signal. The ‘wetter’ a configuration the further way the guitar sounds.
Also known as ‘reverberation time’. Decay time is a measurement of the reverberated signals strength. A higher decay time results in a reflective sound that takes longer to fade to the point it is no longer audible. Achieve different room size emulations with this setting. A longer delay simulates a larger room.
Pre-decay time is less common however has a subtle and useful effect on your reverb. This setting configures the time between the direct signal starting and the modified signal starting. It offers the guitarist a way to mimic the time it takes for the dry signal to hit a wall and reverberate back to the microphone or amplifier.
Not all reverb pedals are complex and littered with configurable knobs. Some come with a single control. Specifying the extremity of the effect. This is perfect for some who would find the sheer number of options on a more complex pedal confusing. However it can feel restricting to others who would prefer a little more freedom to find their perfect sound.
Reverb can be used to create an ambience, a ‘concert hall’ effect. Giving your signal a depth that would rival that of a cathedral. The best reverb pedals try to emulate this authentic reverb effect and encapsulate it into a pedal. Allowing you to get the awe inspiring sound without the need for a breathtaking surrounding.
Natural reverb is a necessary effect for all types of music genres. It adds layers to the sound. On the other hand reverb pedals give configurable depth and tonal utilization. Consequently, this can add to your sound and lead to a sense of ambiance. A ‘true bypass reverb pedal’ will give you a sudden stop when deactivated. The main benefit is that the signal is unaltered when the pedal is off. The alternative type of pedal would be a ‘buffered bypass reverb pedal’. These allow the reverb to trail away when the pedal is turned off. The disadvantage is that a buffered bypass circuit can and will still have an effect on the circuit when off.
Reverb pedals are paramount to a guitarists tonal sound. Finding the best one for your circumstance is something we’ve tried to help with. We’re confident that with the list we’ve created you can find the right reverb pedal for you.
The Best Reverb Pedals Under $50
The Best Reverb Pedals Under $100
The Best Reverb Pedals Under $200
The Best Reverb Pedals Over $200
The Best Reverb Pedals Under $50
- Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb Pedal - The Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb guitar effects pedal claims to be the ultimate digital reverb effects pedal comparable to state-of-the-art studio processors. From Feedback alone, it's hard to dismiss it's claim.
- VSN Ocean Verb Reverb Pedal - The VSN Ocean Verb Reverb guitar effects pedal provides guitarists with a high quality reverb pedal at a very reasonable price. What's not to like?
- Caline CP-44 Reflector Reverb Pedal - The Caline CP-44 Reflector Reverb guitar effects pedal offers a clean and bright spring sound. The sound is lush, fresh and rhythmic. Suitable for surfing and rock music Country music.
- Caline CP-26 Snake Bite Digital Reverb Pedal - The Caline CP-26 Snake Bite Digital Reverb guitar effects pedal have a classic mini size. Which makes it super convenient and durable.
- EX Digital Reverb Pedal - The EX Digital Reverb mini guitar effects pedal is a great choice for those on a modest budget. 3 solid reverb modes and ample configuration options, all in a mini effects pedal.
- MOSKY MP-51 Spring Reverb Pedal - The MOSKY MP-51 Spring Reverb mini guitar effects pedal adds a nice quavery modulation, which gives a bit more flavor than a neutral hall reverb built into a conventional practice amp.
- Mimidi Reverb Pedal - The Mimidi Reverb guitar effects pedal is one of the best value pedals on the market.
Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Designed To Complete With The Market Leading Reverb Pedals
- ✔ LED Shows Effect Status & Battery Check
- ✔ Features Level, Tone, Time & Mode Knobs For User Configuation
- ✔ 24-Bit High Resolution Stereo Reverb Modes
- Runs on 9 V battery or the BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- First-class electronic On/Off switch for highest signal integrity in bypass mode
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
You wouldn’t think of using anything less than best reverb you could get – in the studio! So why would you even consider using anything less at your live gig? Now you can add the rich, warm sound of studio-grade reverb to any occasion with the mind-blowing DIGITAL REVERB DR600. The DR600 always provides the ideal finishing touch to any great recording or live performance.
Just select the reverb type with the Mode control, and then dial in the Level, Tone and Time. It just doesn’t get any easier than this. The status LED tells you when the DR600 is activated, and the top-quality on/off switch maintains incredible signal integrity when in bypass mode.
The Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb guitar effects pedal brings 6 of the most-wanted, 24-bit, high-resolution stereo reverbs to a stomp box near you, including rich and warm Spring, Plate, Hall, Gate, Room and Modulate reverberation effects.
Overall, this is one of the strongest contestants for the flattering title of the best cheap reverb pedal on the market. It offers top value for money in just about every department, and perhaps most importantly – the sonic quality can’t be matched within this price range.
VSN Ocean Verb Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 24-Bit High Resolution Stereo Reverbs - Room, Spring & Shimmer
- ✔ High Quality Durable Zinc Alloy Housing
- ✔ True Bypass - No Loss When Disengaged
- ✔ Small, Compact Size - Will Take Very Little Room On Your Pedalboard
- 3 Reverb Modes: ROOM/SPRING/SHIMMER
- Input: 1/4″ Monaural Jack (Impedance:470K Ohms)
- Output: 1/4″ Monaural Jack(Impedance:100 Ohms)
- Power Supply: DC 9V
- Working Current: 100mA
- Dimensions: 95(D)*45(W)*48(H)mm
This mini reverb pedal does exactly what you need a reverb pedal to do. The mix knob is very useful. shimmer mode is fun to play with.
The Ocean Verb reverb pedal adds huge potential to your guitar capabilities. It is simple and easy to use and have 3 models. You can adjust your reverb until you hear what you want to. It is not that bog standard reverb but it has 3 switches where you can switch between 3 modes. This reverb pedal has perfect reverb range and extremely economical.
Another fantastic budget reverb offering for our list. With an overwhelmingly positive customer feedback rating we are happy to recommend this product on our list. Check it out!
Caline CP-44 Reflector Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Strong Metal Guitar Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Excellent Quality Components - High Fidelity Analog Circuits
- ✔ True Bypass Keeps Everything Sounding Pure Even When Disengaged
- ✔ A Cute Pedal With Nice Beautiful Drawings
- Reverb pedal from Caline.
- Specialises in Spring reverb.
- Dwell and Mix controls.
- Big sturdy construction.
- True bypass.
Caline Reflector Spring Reverb CP-44 is similar to the spring reverb effect of the analog amplifiers.The timbre offered from this high quality reverb pedal is very natural. A great sounding responsive reverb from Caline in the form of the Reflector Reverb. Unlike some, the CP-44 makes it really easy to quickly dial in great tones.
There are two main controls – Dwell and Mix. Dwell dictates the range of the spring reverb and Mix applies it to your signal.
Caline’s Reflector Reverb CP-44 is all natural sounding analog circuit spring reverb. Rich and dense like a real life reverb tank in your amp. Wet and spacious, a reliable pedal that won’t leave your pedalboard.
Caline CP-26 Snake Bite Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ LED Indicator Shows The Current Working State
- ✔ Strong, Sturdy Aluminum Alloy Housing
- ✔ True Bypass For Zero Tone Coloration
- ✔ Features RES, PRD, CFR, LPF, Decay & Mix Knobs For User Customization
- Input: 1/4” monaural jack (impedance: 470k Ohms)
- Output: 1/4” monaural jack (impedance: 470 Ohms)
- Power Requirements: AC adapter 9V DC (center minus plug)
- Current Draw: 9 mA
- RES:（ resonant）—to simulate resonant acoustics in different environment of.
- PRD:（pre-delay）—to simulate the delay of space reflation. •MIX— to control the ratio of wet-and-dry
- CFR:（center frequency）—to adjust center frequency of formant.
- LPF:（low pass filter）—to adjust the radio-frequency component of reverb.
- DECAY: to adjust the delay time.
- MIX: Sets the amount of reverb
- True Bypass：True bypass for zero tone coloration.
- Input & Output Jack：Analogy though 1/4’’ mono audio jack.
As you can see, Caline have a classic mini size, convenient and durable. True bypass switch lets your instrument’s signal pass through a non-electronic bypass line when the effect is disengaged, feeding your amp with direct, unaltered signal from your instrument. There are six function knobs, namely MIX, RES. CFR.LPF.PRD and DECAY. You can just control six function knobs and choose the model you want to made you own music tone. Enjoy your own fun and colorful life.
The reverb effect itself sounds quite good actually. It can do subtle reverb sounds, small room type reverb, bathroom reverb, a convincing spring reverb. Easy to tweak those and you just have to finetune the Mix and Decay controls. As soon as these controls pass the 10 o’clock mark, the reverb effect becomes less subtle and more prominent, and the Snake Bite turns into an ambient companion. Great for post rock and shoegaze.
EX Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Three Different Reverb Modes - Room, Spring & Well
- ✔ Features Level, Dry/Wet & Time Knobs For User Customization
- ✔ Small Size - Won't Take Much Space On Your Pedalboard
- ✔ Color Changing LED Depicts Current Mode - Red/Room, Green/Spring & Mix/Well
The EX Mini is a very small, budget digital reverb pedal that’s marketed primarily for beginner and intermediate guitarists.
The controls of the EX Mini are pretty straight forward. The mode knob that lets you switch between Room, Spring & Well settings. There are Level and Time knobs to help you configure and adjust the reverb to your liking, as well as a dry/wet switch to moderate the amount of reverb in the mix.
The pedal is designed as a simple footswitch with an LED status light that changes in color depending on mode. The pedal feels durable, with a compact design which means it won’t take up much room on the old pedalboard.
The EX Digital Reverb Mini pedal is one of the cheapest reverb pedals on the market today. It’s built well and has a nice selection of reverb modes, most of which sound great. Especially when you take the pedals price into consideration. If you’re on a limited budget but still want a reverb pedal, then the EX Digital should be seriously considered.
For those on a tight budget, the EX Digital Reverb pedal sets a good bar. Check it out
MOSKY MP-51 Spring Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Sturdy Small Metal Housing - Durable & Portable
- ✔ LED Light Indicates Current Effect/Bypass Status
- ✔ True Bypass Means No Degradation When Disengaged
- ✔ Features Mix & Dwell Configuration Knobs
- Spring Reverb Pedal by MOSKY
- Budget-Priced making it highly affordable
- Landslide of Positive Amazon Review Ratings
- Compact Unit with Alloy Housing
- Super Simple to use
The unit is housed in a very sturdy, all-metal encased chassis and is extremely small in size, making it ideal for the guitarist who’s not got much to spend, and not much space on the pedalboard The pedal is noted to provide a high-quality reverb effect, as though it is a more expensive unit, with guitarists mentioning that it provides a very warm but unique, vibrato-like sound with subtle harmonics.
The Mosky MP-51 Spring Reverb mini is for the guitarist who has a small budget. The guitarist that wants a small, compact unit which is suitable for both touring/live shows and practising. While still providing a good-quality reverb effect sound. That’s why it made out list.
Mimidi Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Cost Effective Design Makes This Fantastic Value For Money
- ✔ True Bypass Sends Out A Clear Transparent Tone
- ✔ Features Decay, Mix & PRD(Pre-Delay) Knobs For User Customization
- ✔ LED Light Shows The Working State And Offers Illumination In Dark Environments
- PRD-Sets delay time
- MIX-Sets the amount of reverb
- DECAY-Sets the length of reverb
- True Bypass design, aluminum alloy
- Power Requirement：9V DC center negative
- Current consumption:50mA
- Material:Aluminum Alloy
- Size: 11.2*6.4*3.4 inch
Commonly reverb pedals can be very expensive. This is one of the best value pedals on the market.
It can provide a range of excellent usable reverb tones. Comes in a durable metal enclosure and is True Bypass design.
This is a lovely reverb pedal. It might not have all the features of some of the alternatives on the market but this does what it does really well. For the price it’s a great option for those on a tight budget, those who want to try adding reverb to their setup or those who are just looking for a bargain.
The Best Reverb Pedals Under $100
- HOTONE Skyline Verb Digital Reverb Pedal - The HOTONE Skyline Verb Digital Reverb guitar effects pedal will give you want you need every time. From the subtle echoes of a small room to the grand ambiance of a large hall. Verb will throw back a natural sound.
- Valeton Coral Verb II Reverb Pedal - The Valeton Coral Verb II digital reverb guitar effects pedal offers 11 carefully selected, high quality reverb algorithms in 1 stompbox.
- BIYANG RV-10 Baby Boom Tri Reverb Pedal - The BIYANG RV-10 Baby Boom Tri Reverb guitar effects pedal really is a great sounding reverb unit.
HOTONE Skyline Verb Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ High Quality Dual-Mode Digital Reverb
- ✔ SHIM Mode Offers A Beautiful Shimmer Reverb Sound
- ✔ Type Bypass Foot Switch Keeps Your Sound Pure Even When Disengaged
- ✔ Features Reverb & Tone Knobs For User Input
Combining reverb and tone controls, decay modes that range from hall to auditorium-style echo, and a Shim button for shimmer tones on the fly, the Hotone Skyline Verb brings an army of boutique appointments into one of the tiniest pedals available.
The Hotone VERB digital reverb pedal easily recreates any echo from the subtle reflections of a small room to the grand ambiance of a large hall. Onboard controls let you select the decay time and shape high-end response. The SHIM button adds a light shimmer to your tone.
The Hotone VERB stomp box is a digital reverb pedal. From the subtle echoes of a small room to the grand ambiance of a large hall, Verb will throw back a natural sound.
Onboard controls let you select the decay time and shape the response of your high end. Use the SHIM button to add a decorated shimmer that will give your tone a beautiful and modified character. Intuitive to use within minutes of use, this little behemoth’s ability to add gargantuan presence to guitar, bass, or keys makes it an excellent candidate for your next effect without eating up pedalboard real estate or your wallet.
Valeton Coral Verb II Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 16 Reverb Algorithms In One Stompbox
- ✔ Features Mix, Decay & Tone Knobs For User Customization
- ✔ Buffer Bypass Circuit Keeps Sound Quality Pristine
- ✔ Switchable Reverb Tail Function - Cut The Sound Instantly Or Leave The Natural Delay
- Digital circuit design
- 11 carefully selected, high quality reverb algorithms in 1 stompbox
- True Bypass footswitch for crystal-clear signal thru
- Aluminum-alloy die cast casing to withstand wear and tear
- Heavy duty metal footswitch and on/off status LED
- Easy-to-read, readily accessible knobs
- Reverb settings for every music style
- Pristine tone with low noise level
- MIX, DECAY and TONE knobs for detailed reverb control
The all-new Valeton Coral Verb II features advanced 24-bit digital platform, bringing you better sound quality, lower noise and new functions. This multi-use reverb pedal has 16 high quality reverb effects ready for any music style. Plus, a switchable reverb trail is very convenient for any circumstance.
BIYANG RV-10 Baby Boom Tri Reverb Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass And LED Indicator
- ✔ 3 Built In Reverb Effects - Hall, Spring & Room
- ✔ A/B Toggle Provides Two Versions Of Each Reverb Effect
- ✔ Features Blend & Time Control Knobs For User Configuration
- Material: Metal
- Inputs: 1/4″Jack
- Outputs: 1/4″Jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22) or DC 9V 200mA adapter (positive outside and negative inside)(both are not included)
- Item Size: approx. 11.5 * 6 * 3.5cm / 4.5 * 2.4 * 1.4in
- Item Weight: approx. 290g / 10.2oz
When it comes to reverb pedals the Baby Boom RV-10 from Biyang is excellent. So whether you just want to experiment with a reverb effect, or are in a band and need to refine your sound, the Tri Reverb should be a great choice. It really is a great sounding reverb unit.
As you’d expect, you can control other characteristics of the sound with a “Time” and “Blend” control. These knobs simply allow you to define the amount of reverb and how big the reverb is. I like to think of this as the difference between playing in a medium sized room at lower settings, to playing in a big echoy cave at higher settings.
Part of the reason this pedal is so good is the amount of different reverb sounds it can create. You can select the type of reverb via a 3 way selector switch. The three modes are “Hall”, “Spring” and “Room”. Additionally there’s an A/B selection switch which can also impact your sound in a subtle way. Switched to a “A” it gives you a deeper slightly more aggressive sound, while position “B” is warmer and richer. It is very easy to dial in some beautiful reverb sounds.
In terms of construction, the RV10 boasts a strong metal case along with a true bypass foot switch which doesn’t impact your tone. The RV10 also has a stereo and mono input / output, this means you can use the pedal with a wide range of instruments and technology – not just the guitar. With stereo inputs & outputs, you can use it as a guitar effect pedal or as a super compact outboard reverb for recording and mixers.
Its an easy to use, decent little reverb that works well for traditional reverb needs.
The Best Reverb Pedals Under $200
- Walrus Audio Slö Multi Texture Reverb Pedal - The Walrus Audio Slö Multi Texture Reverb guitar effects pedal allows players to create lush, modulated, sleepy and ambient soundscapes.
- Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 Reverb Pedal - The Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 reverb guitar effects pedal is a thing of beauty. We really do like the design, it really compliments it's name.
- MXR M300 Reverb Pedal - The MXR M300 Reverb guitar effects pedal is a much welcome addition to the MXR pedal collection. MXR are not particularly well known for producing reverb pedals but this is a cracker.
- EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Delay & Reverb Pedal - The EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 guitar effects pedal is a hi-fi digital delay & reverb device that combines independent delay and reverb effects into one space-saving enclosure.
- TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 Reverb Pedal - The TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 reverb guitar effects pedal is an eye-catching, stylish device. Loaded with MASH technology which elevates your performance to the next level.
- Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb Pedal - The Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb guitar effects pedal features 11 powerful yet intuitive reverb modes. It really is a reverb pedal that does it all.
- J. Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb Pedal - The J. Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb guitar effects pedal has been developed with the live club in mind. Part of the Tour Series created around simplicity in design and ease of use.
- Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal - Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb guitar effects pedal offers three different reverb algorithms: Spring, Hall, and Flerb. It's great for guitar, vocal, and most any instruments.
- BOSS RV-6 Reverb Pedal - The BOSS RV-6 Reverb guitar effects pedal needs no introduction. BOSS make great guitar effects pedals. The Reverb is no exception.
- TC Electronic HOF Mini Reverb Pedal - The TC Electronic HOF mini reverb pedal is an ultra compact, high quality reverb pedal with built in TonePrints allowing you to beam signature tones to your pedal with the TonePrint App
Walrus Audio Slö Multi Texture Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Delay, Filter, Mix, X & Depth Knobs For Extensive User Control
- ✔ Toggle Between Dark(Sine), Rise(Warp) & Dream(Sink)
- ✔ Beautiful 'Lollipop Blue' Alloy Casing
- ✔ Original Artwork By Christi DU Toit
- Create your own soundscapes with this quality reverb effect
- Add texture to your music using three different modes
- Dial in your perfect sound thanks to extensive, intuitive control dials
- Sensational, intricately-designed reverb to take your sound to another level
The Slö Multi Texture Reverb allows players to create lush, modulated, sleepy and ambient soundscapes. Stocked with three different algorithms specifically designed to invoke textures for bringing dreams from your subconscious to reality. The toggle switch allows three different reverb modes, Dark (Lower Octave), Rise (Ambient Swell) and Dream (Latching Pad), while secondary functions on the switch change between different wave shapes for the modulation on the reverb trail.
Each reverb can also have one of three adjustable modulation types applied to its tail: a naturally smooth sine wave; asymmetric pitch-up modulation that Walrus has named Warp because of the similarities to a warped record; and Sink, which is an asymmetric pitch-down type of modulation.
This is a complex pedal with lots of custom settings and options. The range of sounds is surprisingly varied, from normal reverbs through to all of the huge altered ambiences. It’s a stunningly designed work of art that will look great on anyones pedal board. Our immediate reaction was this pedal sounds as good as it looks… and it looks great.
Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Top Mounted Jacks Make For Easy Pedalboard Placement
- ✔ Top Quality Components Selected For Their Superior Sound Quality
- ✔ Soft-Touch Foot Switch Can Take A Beating
- ✔ Jump Between Top And Bottom Row Settings
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedalboard placement effortless
- Side-mounted slide switches for each row of controls lets you choose between 3 unique reverb algorithms
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- 9V power jack power draw: 100mA
- External bypass and Alt controls – TRS cable required
- Effortlessly jump between top and bottom rows of controls
- Compatible with most standard expression pedals
The Astronomer V2 is a unique three-knob reverb pedal that harnesses the power of the celestial bodies. Two sets of identical controls allow you to jump between the top and bottom row of knobs effortlessly. Always visible and editable on the fly, this works as a preset without any programming or menu diving. You can set each row to be a completely different sound. For each set of controls, there is a slide switch on the side of the pedal that lets you select one of three reverb effects.
The Astronomer V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls:
Canis Major – This constellation is an EchoVerb effect designed with droning and swells in mind. The “Glow” knob controls the mix of the shimmer while the “Travel” knob adjusts the decay time of the reverb. Canis Major excels at pads and layering.
Orion – This is the quintessential hall reverb effect. Select the amount of celestial shimmer using the “Glow” control. Turned down “Glow” delivers a classic hall reverb or dime it out for a unique sound that’s straight from the heavens.
Ursa Major – Ursa Major is a chamber reverb effect. Dial in a pre-reverb octave using the “Glow” control. Turn “Glow” all the way down for a haunting dark reverb that’s great for lead lines. Slowly turn it up to add particles and emulate the sound of the cosmos.
- Alt Switch: Switch between your settings for the top and bottom row of controls on the fly and discover a universe of unique reverb.
- Alternate Jack Out: This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
- Analog Dry Path Signal: Your instrument’s dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled reverb sound.
- Expression Jack: Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the “Travel” knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in.
- Tails or Bypass Mode: The Astronomer V2 allows the beautiful haunting layers to continue as you switch the pedal Off, preventing an abrupt cut to your sound. If you desire that hard-cut when bypassing the pedal, simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes. Do the same to switch it back.
MXR M300 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 6 Expertly Crafted Reverb Modes
- ✔ True Bypass - Perfect Tone When Disengaged
- ✔ Sturdy Housing - Can Take A Beating
- ✔ Features Decay, Tone & Mix Knobs For Custom User Preference
- Digital reverb with 6 modes
- Controller for Tone, Decay and Mix
- Bypass foot-switch
- Internal Mono-stereo switch
- True Bypass and optional Trails bypass
- Status LED
- 3 Bi-colour LEDs for display mode
- 100% Analog Dry Path
- 6.3 mm Stereo TRS input / output
- Can be used as mono with normal instrument cables
- 6.3 mm Expression pedal / CV input
- Power consumption: 240 mA
The MXR reverb delivers six distinct high end reverb styles, Each exquisitely crafted and tuned by the award-winning MXR design team.
It all comes in a standard-sized MXR box with a simple three-knob setup and a Hi-Fi analog dry path with a massive 20 volts of headroom thanks to constant headroom technology. Each reverb style is as richly detailed as any found in the highest-end rack units and plug-ins, and all you have to do to step through them is push the tone knob.
- Plate settings provide a shimmering smooth wash of space that’s a go-to choice from the studio recording world.
- Spring sets a new standard for truly authentic sounding reverb without coiled metal-a perfect recreation of the classic amp-based effect, with the tone control taking you from dark vintage amp spring, through classic jangle, to bright surf splatter.
- Epic is a unique combination of multiple interwoven analog-tone delay lines and complex modulation-perfect for solos from that more shaded part of the lunar landscape.
- Mod throws down a plate-flavored spaciousness with richly organic modulation in the feedback path.
- Room style adds subtle body and projection to your guitar tone at shorter decay times while longer decay times yield rich organic space that doesn’t wash out.
- Pad closes out the line-up with a unique combination of sub-octave + octave-up with echoes + “shimmer” + synth/organ modulation + reverb.
Connect a Dunlop dvp series volume/expression pedal to the expression jack to toggle and blend between two different knob setting configurations. The reverb includes 100% wet mode, Stereo input and output Capability, and true relay or trails bypass.
Despite it’s simplicity, we see the M300 as a high end reverb pedal with quality tones expected from a pedal much more expensive. If you’re in the market for a very capable yet simplistic reverb pedal then the M300 might be a good fit for you.
EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Delay & Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Capable Of 1500Ms Of Delay Time
- ✔ Nice Looking, Well Designed Pedal
- ✔ Made In Akron, Ohio, USA
- Digital delay & reverb in one pedal – with 1.5 seconds of delay time
- Independent control over delay and/or reverb effects
- Flexi-Switch allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching from a single footswitch
- All-analog dry signal path
- Silent soft-touch switching
- True Bypass
- Measures; 4.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- Current Draw; 78mA
- Power; Standard 9V DC Power Supply w/ 2.1mm Negative Center Barrel
The Dispatch Master is a hi-fi digital Delay & Reverb Device that combines independent delay and reverb effects into one space-saving enclosure, so you can keep deep ambient echoes (or just a quick slapback) on speed-dial.
The best-selling EarthQuaker Devices pedal just got bester [sic] with new Flexi-Switch® Technology! Want to dip into ambient delay and reverb sounds for just one note? Press and hold the footswitch for as long as you use the effect, release it when you’re finished, and resume your regularly scheduled dry sound. To use the Dispatch Master as a normal effects pedal, press the switch once to activate and again to bypass.
‘Mix’ provides a wet/dry blend that adjusts the overall level of the affected signal. ‘Reverb’ controls the amount of reverb. Counterclockwise is less reverb, clockwise is more reverb. ‘Repeat’ controls the regeneration of the delay signal. When the repeats control is set to maximum, you’ll get infinite repeats without runaway self-oscillation, which makes it great for creating drones, dialing in the ultimate post-rock guitar sound without feedback, or just having fun. ‘Time’ sets the delay time from 0ms to 1500ms (1.5 seconds).
Anyone who want to add a touch of ambience and slapback to their clean tone, and its lush ambient sounds make it a perfect fit for modern and experimental players. The EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 gives your tone a ton of depth and character. It’s a great pedal, easy recommendation and well worth taking a look at!
TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Decay, Tone, Level & Mode Knobs For User Input
- ✔ Loaded With 8 Reverb Settings
- ✔ 3 Empty Slots For TonePrint Favourites
- ✔ TonePrint Allows You To Send FX Directly To The HoF2 Pedal
- New shimmer reverb algorithm pitches your reverb up an octave through each feedback loop to give an other-worldly sound
- Next-generation reverb algorithms give you phenomenal-sounding realistic reverb tones
- TonePrint-enabled to let you beam cool signature tones into your pedal with the free TonePrint App
- 3 dedicated TonePrint slots for storing signature effects
- Design your own customized reverb effects from scratch with free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac, and iPad
- Simple, easy-to-use controls let you focus on playing
- Works flawlessly with guitar and FX loop signals
- Optional buffered bypass mode prevents high frequency loss from long cable runs
- MASH technology turns footswitch into a pressure-responsive expression controller
- Reverb pedal returns better than ever with an innovative footswitch and an added shimmer effect
- True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when reverb is engaged
The original Hall Of Fame Reverb delivered some of the most-iconic reverb sounds of all time, but Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb extends that legacy of innovation dramatically. Essentially, Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb’s incredible MASH technology adds an expression pedal to a world-class reverb stompbox that not only responds to your touch and saves precious pedalboard space – but blends the celestial world of reverb with the ultimate in personal expression.
The TC Electronic Hall of Fame is a reverb pedal that has been used by many famous musicians and featured on countless records, making it another classic guitar effects pedal.
With the Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb, your most transcendent shoe-gazing dreams are finally realized. An all-new Shimmer reverb algorithm provides an unearthly octave pitch shift, ensuring that your tone delivers spine-tingling euphoria in every single note. All of the onboard, next-generation algorithms give you true realistic reverb sounds.
TonePrint App allows you to beam FX directly to your device, including signature reverbs from the most revered icons of rock and roll. If you want something a bit more original – you can easily create your own via the free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac, and iPad. And since good things often come in 3’s, Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb provides 3 dedicated TonePrint slots to save your favorites. Why? Because… more is just better!
If your gig calls for the kind of reverb that evokes memories of years gone by and experiences yet to be realized, then the Hall Of Fame 2 checks off all the right boxes. Offering much more than just the “garden variety” sounds of competing products, the Hall Of Fame 2 lets you step outside the box.
You love tone, so do we, and our design philosophy testifies to that. So whatever route you wanna go, we got your back. With optimized headroom, True Bypass or Buffered Bypass switch and Kill-Dry on/off, this pedal provides optimal tonal integrity and no loss of tone. And, no matter if the pedal is on or off your precious dry sound is always passed through the pedal unharmed due to an Analog-Dry-Through
The TC Hall Of Fame is a great for guitarists who like a pedal they can plug-in and get luscious reverb sounds instantly. If you want an inexpensive reverb thats compact in size and has a large range of setting than this pedal is for you.
Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 11 Reverb Types Including Hall, Spring, Plate & Echo
- ✔ Tails Switch - Immediate Stop Or Natural Fade Out Reverb
- ✔ Infinite Reverb Feature
- ✔ Features FX LVL, Time, Type & Tone Knobs
- Reverb effects pedal with 11 reverb types
- Mode switch accesses up to 3 variations for many reverb types
- Tails switch allows you to choose whether or not your reverb cuts off abruptly when you bypass the pedal
- Secondary knob mode allows access to many “hidden” parameters, detailed in the instruction manual
- Unique spring reverb emulation allows you to crash the virtual reverb tank by double-tapping the foot switch
- Powered via an included 9-volt power supply
The spring reverb setting is based on a 1962 Fender 6G15 reverb unit and delivers some of the best spring reverb effects you’ll ever hear. Echo combines delay and reverb, while tremolo applies a tremolo effect to both wet and dry hall reverb. This is without a doubt the most versatile and simple to use reverb in its price range.
The Infinite foot switch jack allows users to engage sustaining reverb tails with a momentary foot switch or tap tempo. Eleven different reverb types consisting of traditional hall, spring and plate reverbs to sophisticated dynamic, modulated, shimmer and polyphonic effects. This pedal delivers on all counts. There’s obviously 11 different reverb types and many have different modes which offer additional flexibility. You can go from standard reverb types too long, dreamy drone sounds. This thing also remembers previous settings, so that’s pretty awesome.
The Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 is a reverb pedal that truly does it all, from standard reverbs with studio sound quality to sophisticated synth-like effects previously only found on much more expensive products. We’re blown away at this pedals features in such a small package. Literally every effect sounds beautiful. You will spend hours on a musical exploration of glory. What a great pedal, Bravo Electro Harmonix, you have left us speechless.
J. Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Simple One Knob Reverb Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Specially Designed To Give Your Tone Some Atmosphere
- ✔ Designed To Be Used With Either Your Hand Or Foot
- Dimensions; 4.00″ x 2.30″
- Power; 9V Negative Tip Adaptor w/ 5.5mm x 2.1mm Jack
- Battery; 9V Battery (NOT Included)
- True Bypass Switching
When we developed the Boing reverb, we had the live club in mind. The Boing is part of the new Tour Series line of pedals which are created around simplicity in design and ease of use.
With the Boing, the goal was to recreate a reverb of the past specifically designed to cut through the mix and give your tone some atmosphere. The Boing is a simple, one knob recreation of the classic Deluxe Reverb and, like many of the classic amps, it is just a single knob for either more or less reverb.
The knob was made extra-large so it can be easily manipulated by one’s foot. There is a ton of headroom and the reverb can be made to be extremely subtle for use in front of overdriven amps without getting nasty. When coupled with a delay, like J Rockett’s Alien Echo, you can achieve some pretty spectacular, spacey, beautiful sounds.
with over 100 customer feedback reviews and an overwhelmingly positive score the Boing Spring Reverb guitar effects pedal is a pedal you should seriously consider adding to your arsenal.
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Very Popular Spring Reverb Mode
- ✔ Flerb Combines Flanging With Spatial Reverb
- ✔ Features A Sing Reverb Knob That Acts Like A Wet/Dry Control
- ✔ Reverb Algorithms Are Designed For Guitar But Work With Most Instruments
- Three different reverb algorithms: Spring, Hall, and Flerb
- Great for guitar, voice, and most any instrument
- Digital reverb in a compact pedal
The EHX Nano Holy Grail is a compact yet powerful reverb pedal, some say it was crafted by the gods to be the finest spring reverb available to mere mortals, and who are we to argue? The range of atmospheric space available is enlightening – everything from tight small room spring to epic rock arena sound is on offer at the flick of a switch, with a unique ‘Flerb’ setting that combines flanging with spatial reverb for a unique, ethereal sound. Tried and tested by countless pros over the years, the Nano Holy Grail is what every true guitarist has been looking for
The REVERB knob acts like a Wet/Dry control. As you turn the REVERB knob clockwise you will hear more reverb and less of your dry instrument. The Holy Grail is designed so that as you turn the REVERB knob from its minimum position to the 12 o’clock position you will hear a subtle amount of reverb added to the output. As you turn the REVERB knob from 12 o’clock to its maximum position the amount of reverb you hear will increase dramatically. It is designed this way so musicians can hone in on just the right amount of subtle reverb added to their instrument’s signal. The Slide Switch chooses between the three different reverb algorithms. The Slide Switch chooses between the three different reverb algorithms.
Switches between the three different reverb algorithms. All three algorithms were designed and tailored for the electric guitar but they will work equally as well on most instruments and voices. The SPRING algorithm is a recreation of the classic spring reverbs that are found in many guitar amplifiers. The HALL algorithm is a new, lush reverb. Finally FLERB is a beautiful reverb like nothing you have heard before and may help you play your instruments in new ways.
BOSS RV-6 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features E.Level, Tone, Time & Mode Knobs For Easy User Customization
- ✔ Studio-Grade Algorithms Create The Magical Sounds Of The 8 Reverb Modes
- ✔ Superb Build Quality
- ✔ Dynamic Mode Automatically Adjusts To Your Style Of Play
- The RV-6 is capable of controlling the effect level with the aid of expression pedal which is really handy to alter the ambiance on the fly.
- Presence of Delay+Reverb and Shimmer modes confers textures that are immersive and modern-sounding.
- This product comes with the unique Boss compact pedal housing.
- It is powered via AC adaptor or a 9-volt battery.
- Presence of eight sound modes plays a vital role in imparting the diverse range of the ready-to-play reverb effects.
- 8 sound modes confer a wider range of the game Prepare reverbs.
- Dial in the sophisticated and musical reverb in no time along with the simple controls.
- Studio-grade algorithm and cutting-edge tech are capable of delivering the sound of premium quality.
- Renders support for the stereo or mono operation.
- Input to control the reverb level along with the optional expression pedal
- Dynamic Mode is beneficial in adjusting to the playing in an automated manner for the clear and articulate performance.
- Versatile and compact reverb pedal is built along with the rich and dense sound.
The Boss RV-6 is the result of professional guitarists helping the experts at Boss to create the ultimate easy to use reverb pedal that offers amazing tones as soon as the pedal is activated. However for this to happen, many parameters are simultaneously working to change the voicing and tone of the reverb.
Ultimately the Boss RV-6 is a classic Boss pedal that will be reliable and offer top quality reverb sounds that any guitar player could utilise. Overall the RV 6 is a great pedal. Do yourself a favour though. Don’t bother with batteries, get a power supply.
TC Electronic HOF Mini Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Top Quality Components Used In This Reverb Pedal
- ✔ TonePrint Editor Allows You To Create Your Own Tone
- ✔ Simple, Small Sized Design With Single Reverb Knob
- ✔ True Bypass Allows Zero High End Loss When Pedal Is Disengaged
- High-quality reverb pedal offers all the phenomenal reverb tones you could want in an ultra-compact format
- Preloaded with the legendary TC Electronic hall reverb, with additional award-winning Hall of Fame reverb effects available via TonePrints
- Simple one-knob control lets you focus on playing
- True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when reverb is engaged
- Works flawlessly with guitar and FX loop signals
- Extra-small enclosure easily fits on any pedal board
- TonePrint-enabled to let you beam cool signature tones into your pedal with the free TonePrint App
- Design your own customized reverb effects from scratch with free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac, and iPad
Reverb is very much about space, but then again – so is your pedal board. So, what if we could combine unlimited space for your reverbs with a miniature footprint? What – you’d be partying for days? Well break out the confetti, because hall of fame mini reverb is here!
The Best Reverb Pedals Over $200
- Strymon BigSky Reverb Pedal - Strymon have become the trend-setters for powerful, digitally-controlled multi-effect pedals. The Strymon BigSky reverb pedal is one of their flagship offerings.
- BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Pedal - BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor guitar effects pedal is the perfect tool if you need different ambiences for different songs.
- Strymon BlueSky Reverb Pedal - The Strymon BlueSky reverb guitar effects pedal creates some lush, majestic and stunning reverbs. Providing 3 types of reverb, each with 3 different modes means you'll have plenty to choose from.
- Digitech Polara Reverberation Pedal - Considering the Digitech Polara Reverberation guitar effects pedal is a must if you’re looking for the Perfect Reverb Pedal.
- Catalinbread Topanga Reverb Pedal - Catalinbread Topanga spring reverb guitar effects pedal is quite a device. It's a reverb pedal that functions just like a real deal outboard spring reverb unit.
Strymon BigSky Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Top Of The Range BigSky Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 12 Reverb Machine Algorithms To Choose From
- ✔ 300 Easily Accessible Presets
- ✔ LED Display For Preset Info
- Hand crafted, studio-class reverb algorithms deliver lush, gorgeous, and musically inspiring reverb experiences
- Twelve reverb machines to choose from: Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Nonlinear, Reflections
- Seven front-panel tone shaping knobs: Decay, Pre-Delay, Mix, Tone, Mod, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset)
- Additional menu parameters allow for easy customization of reverb sounds
- 300 easily accessible and namable presets
- Press-and-hold Infinite Sustain and Freeze functions, saveable per preset
- Spillover and Reverb Persist modes, saveable per preset
- Selectable Speaker Cabinet emulation for direct-to-PA gigs or recording applications
- Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection and effect bypass
- LED display for preset info, reverb decay time, and extended parameter control
- Multi-color preset LEDs (green for active preset, amber for edited preset)
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- Sturdy and lightweight light blue anodized aluminum chassis, with laser-etched artwork
- Durable black anodized aluminum knobs
- Studio-grade audio input and output jacks
This professional reverb unit comes with 12 selectable reverb engines/sounds offer a great amount of flexibility, and all of the reverbs at your disposal are usable and unique. Also, with 300 patches available, you can easily tweak, save and recall sounds – making the Strymon Big Sky the only reverb pedal you’d ever need!
Overall, the Big Sky is something of a triumph, producing hyper-realistic rooms, ambient space trips and everything in between with ease and finesse. Strymon use only the very best components to construct their class-leading pedals. With ultra low-noise 24-bit 96kHz converters, the fidelity of the Big Sky’s reverbs are unparalleled, with studio-quality definition and clarity. Its analogue dry path with programmable mix control is a world first in a reverb pedal, and could well be the USP to tip the balance in its favour for many prospective purchasers. Honestly, it doesn’t get any better than this.
BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Pedal
- ✔ 12 Modes With 21 Reverb Types
- ✔ Use Two Reverbs At Once With A/B Simultanious Mode
- ✔ BOSS's Most Powerful And Versatile Reverb Processor Ever Produced
- ✔ Class Defying 32-Bit AD/DA
Reverb is an absolute necessity on most electric guitar players’ pedalboards these days. From covering ambient passages to the drippy tones only achieved through a spring-like setting, you’re guaranteed to be called upon to wrangle these sounds. This makes the RV-500 an ideal partner for stage, studio, and home use. You’ll find everything from warm-sounding room reverbs for a bit of extra ambience to highly effected SFX and shimmer sounds, all being processed through the pedal’s astounding 32-bit/96kHz.
- Reverb multi-effects pedal
- 32-bit/96kHz processing delivers studio-level sound
- Unlimited creative possibilities with 12 distinctive reverb modes
- Customizable control settings for unrivaled real-time expression
- Graphic display for easy-to-follow operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories for storing your favorite effect configurations
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
- True stereo operation
- Tap tempo rate control for certain parameters
The RV‑500 uses 32‑bit A‑D/D‑A converters, employs 32‑bit/96kHz floating‑point processing, and can accommodate mono or stereo inputs and outputs. It has MIDI I/O, for integration into more complex systems, an external footswitch/expression jack, and a USB port for use with the free RV‑500 Editor/Librarian software and firmware updates.
The power and versatility of BOSS’s 500 Series digital effects pedals come to reverb in the RV-500 multi-effects pedal. Loaded to the brim with gorgeous-sounding reverb effects, the 12 onboard reverb types mean tonal adventurers will never run out of inspiration. And editing these sounds can be a straightforward affair or take tone tweakers down a deep well of options and sonic perfection. BOSS has a long legacy of lauded reverb effects, such as their RV-5’s legendary Modulate mode and their COSM modeling of famed Fender spring reverb tones. The RV-500 is like your own personal library of all of these sounds in a single stompbox.
Furthermore, the RV‑500 can be powered from four AA‑size batteries (supplied), with a running time of a little over four hours, but as with most such pedals it’s recommended to run it from an external power supply.
Even with a world of tonal shaping onboard, the BOSS RV-500 reverb pedal is equally suited for control freaks and the plug-and-play types of the world. The pedal’s intuitive layout of top-mounted controls allows you to fine-tune your sound’s tone, level, pre-delay, and more. You’re even able to save your custom presets with a few pushes of a button. But when it’s time to go deeper, you’ll find the bright display and vast menus urge you to conjure every tone you can dream up.
What a machine. What else can we say. It’s like putting a production studio grade reverb feature at your feet.
Strymon BlueSky Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Featuring Decay, Mix, Low Damp, Pre-Delay & High Damp Knobs For User Input
- ✔ 3 Reverb Types
- ✔ 3 Different Modes Of Each Reverb Type
- ✔ Built In The USA
- Hand crafted, computationally intense Plate, Room and Spring algorithms
- Normal, Mod and Shimmer modes per algorithm for extremely versatile reverb options
- High Damp and Low Damp controls for über-flexible reverb tone shaping
- Mod mode for a beautifully modulated spring, room or plate reverb
- Shimmer mode for infinite pitch effects “in the tank”
- Dedicated Pre-Delay control to fine tune reflection times
- Stereo input and output
- Favorite footswitch to save a favorite sound
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable “trails” mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when the effect is engaged
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight sky blue anodized aluminum chassis
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
For an essence of Strymon’s pedal flawlessness, look no more remote than the blueSky Reverberator. This novel stompbox, pined for by surf-rockers and shoegazers all over the place, conveys studio-quality reverb with an unparalleled cluster of highlights. Gathered with Care The BlueSky is housed in a smooth, strong and shockingly little blue frame. It fits effectively in any pedalboard, and the aluminum packaging can survive without much of a stretch handle.
Whether you’re a classic spring reverb fan or a studio rack aficionado, you’ll find your mojo here. blueSky provides three different reverb types, each with three modes, for a total of nine completely unique reverb experiences. blueSky even delivers an extremely versatile plate reverb, a rarity for a stompbox pedal. A full pre-delay and damping section provide deep reverb tone shaping. Add the mod and shimmer modes and you’re in store for unending reverb bliss. Couple that with 24-bit 96kHz converters and 115dB typical signal to noise, blueSky is equally at home on top of a studio console as it is in front of a tube amp.
Strymon outfitted the blueSky with three diverse reverb sorts. “Room” is the most adaptable setting, equipped for emulating a room or a show lobby. “Spring” yields a brilliant, exemplary tone like what you’d hear in a vintage Bumper amp, while “Plate” is a rich, heavenly setting appropriate for blissed-out feeling.
The blueSky is an exquisitely designed, painstakingly constructed reverb box that can hold its own against some of the finest rack units. A spacious, shimmering five stars out of five for what I firmly believe to be the best reverb pedal on the market. It can deliver genuine spacey tones – some entirely unique to the unit – as well as classic mechanical reverbs.
This is a great device for those who have a decent budget and demand a quality sound and ample choice.
Digitech Polara Reverberation Pedal
- ✔ 7 Reverb Modes - Room, Plate, Reverse, Modulated, Halo, Hall & Spring
- ✔ Durable Soft Click Foot Switch
- ✔ True Bypass Circuitry Preserves Your Tone
- ✔ Features Level, Mode, Liveliness & Decay Knobs For User Custom Input
- Digital Reverb
- Reverb Types: Room, Hall, Plate, Reverse, Modulated, Halo, Hall and Spring.
- Controls: Level, Liveliness, Decay, Reverb Type
- Input: Stereo 1/4″
- Output: Stereo 1/4″
- Power: Power Supply 9V DC
- Bypass Type: Configurable to True Bypass or Buffered
- Lexicon Reverb Technology
- Dimensions: 4.40″ (L) x 2.65″ (W) x 2.0″ (H); 11.18cm
- Weight: 1 lb
The Polara reverb pedal features an interesting mix of classic and modern reverb types, and some of the algorithms are based on staple studio gear from Lexicon.
This interesting combination makes it a viable pedal for both the minimalist and those who want to experiment with the reverb effect.
Featuring seven inspirational Lexicon® reverbs, the DigiTech® Polara will be the new architect of your soundscape, defining space and adding dimension to your playing. On their ‘Amped’ video channel, Sonic State review the Polara calling it, “outstanding value for money”.
The Halo reverb is of special mention because it allows for interesting sounds with its cascading octaves and reverb decay, a unique reverb type that’s only available from the Polara. And since essential reverb types are included, you get the chance to switch from old school to new school with just a few knob twists.
- “There’s a clear nod towards the boutique market with the design of the pedal; it’s a very striking encasing which feels substantial enough to withstand the rigours of touring”.
- “The Halo preset gives you a ‘shimmering’ reverb with background modulation, it also creates an octave reverb signal above and below your original signal, which can be a lot of fun with a fully wet mix and a boat load of decay”.
- “It’s rugged, it sounds great, and it has a very small pedal board footprint”.
The DigiTech Polara is a good choice for a workhorse reverb pedal, especially if you want the essentials to be of good quality while still having the option to play with more experimental reverb types. Sonically speaking, this Reverb is a really advanced device. Your sounds will definitely develop using this product! The pricing of the Digitech Polara is reasonable and a great investment for any musician of any level looking to experiment.
Catalinbread Topanga Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Dwell, Tone, Mix & Vol Knobs For User Input
- ✔ Described as "Big, Wet & Splashy"
- ✔ So Good It'll Almost Fool You
- ✔ Beautifully Designed Pedal
- A reverb pedal that functions just like a real deal outboard spring reverb unit.
Big wet and splashy. 60’s outboard spring reverb tank. Being an old school effect, tank reverb units were invented before effects loops etc. Had the Topanga been invented before the spring tank units, players would have put the pedal in front of their amplifiers and as close to the front of their pedal boards. You should look at your Topanga as a sort of ‘pre-reverb’ type pedal, putting only fuzz boxes in front of it allowing splash, crash, and drench everything downstream.
If you have any experience with original tank units, you won’t have any problems finding your way around the Topanga. If you do not have much experience and/or if you simply want to enrich your experience with your Topanga, please check out the manual!
The outboard Fender 6G15 spring reverb unit is the sound of Surf guitar, Spaghetti Western and many other great guitar sounds from the sixties. Part of its magic, and how it differs from the internal spring reverb found in most Fender-style amps, is that it is run in front of the amp, causing the reverb signal to distort and sound more intense. Because there were additional knobs on the outboard units, you also have more control over the reverb qualities. The Dwell knob controlled how hard the springs were getting hit by the guitar signal.
The Tone knob allowed the treble to be dialed back to just the right degree of brightness. It was also essentially a tube preamp, so it would color the sound going into the amp. All this added up to a very distinctive reverb sound with a lot of attitude and complex non-linearities that are hard to replicate. However, Catalinbread did just that! Besides giving you the classic three knob control compliment of the original, they’ve also added a great discrete preamp that you can control via the Volume knob for a healthy amount of great clean boost when you want it.
It is an amazing piece of circuitry, even enabling overlay on infinite reverb. Very responsive to your picking, which makes it feel very connected and alive while you’re playing. It’ll be a welcomed and versatile addition to any setup. We highly recommend this pedal.
What Is Reverb?
Reverb is the effect that occurs when a sound hits and reflects back off a hard surface towards the listener. It reflects at varying times and amplitudes. Resulting in a complex echo which differ depending on the space and location.
What Is A Reverb Pedal?
Reverb pedals vary in shape, size and type. Some use digital modellers to simulate reverb effects while some use real analog springs.
Why Do You Need A Reverb Pedal?
They allow you to create the amazing sounds of the classic 60’s and 70’s vibe. Modern reverb variations try to mimic and replicate the amazing backing tracks and ambient music of this fantastic musical era.