Top 5 Best Reverb Pedals Under $100 (October 2020)
A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With the volume, mix, decay, pre-delay and tone controls apparent on most reverb pedals under $100 you’re able to adjust your reverb effect to exactly how you want it.
Not all of the best reverb pedals under $100 are as complicated. Some come with a simply ‘single control’ which is great for guitarists looking for a type of reverb but aren’t too interested in customizing different reverb modes.
In essence, reverb is a simple guitar effect that increases your clean signal. Gives it a boost and emulates the sound you produce on that ‘concern hall’ scale.
What Is Reverb?
Reverb is the effect that occurs when a sound hits and reflects back off a hard surface towards the listener. It reflects at varying times and amplitudes. Resulting in an complex echo which differ depending on the space and location.
The best reverb pedals under $100 try to simulate this natural reverberation to an exaggerated level.
Natural reverb is a necessary effect for all types of music genres. It adds layers to the sound. On the other hand reverb pedals under $100 allow depth and tonal difference to be utilized. Consequently, they lead to a sense of ambiance as your guitars sound is moved around in the mix.
What Is A Reverb Pedal?
Reverb pedals under $100 vary in shape, size and type. Some use digital modelers to simulate reverb effects while some use real analog springs.
The best reverb pedals under $100 help to reflect sound off of surfaces in a venue or room. Leading to a ‘live’ effect for your sound. This can be enhanced or minified to sound like an arena down to a small studio.
Finding the best reverb pedal for you is paramount. As the right reverb pedal can give your tone more depth and presence. As a result you achieve the natural sound heard on professional records.
Reverb pedals under $100 offer a wide selection of different types of effects that add character to your tone.
Some types of reverb will come with true bypass capability for your input and output sockets. Letting you cut the trailing reverb immediately rather than hear it fade out slowly.
The alternative would be a buffered bypass. Which lets the reverb naturally trail away after your deactivate the pedal.
Why Do You Need A Reverb Pedal?
Simple, to create the amazing sounds of the classic 60’s and 70’s vibe. Modern reverb variations try to mimic and replicate the amazing backing tracks and ambient music of this fantastic musical era. Reverb pedals are paramount to a guitarists tonal sound. Finding the best reverb pedal under $100 is something we’ve tried to help you do. With the list we’ve created, we’re confident you can find the right reverb pedal for you.
Valeton Coral Verb II Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 16 Reverb Algorithms In One Stompbox
- ✔ Features Mix, Decay & Tone Knobs For User Customization
- ✔ Buffer Bypass Circuit Keeps Sound Quality Pristine
- ✔ Switchable Reverb Tail Function - Cut The Sound Instantly Or Leave The Natural Delay
- Digital circuit design
- 11 carefully selected, high quality reverb algorithms in 1 stompbox
- True Bypass footswitch for crystal-clear signal thru
- Aluminum-alloy die cast casing to withstand wear and tear
- Heavy duty metal footswitch and on/off status LED
- Easy-to-read, readily accessible knobs
- Reverb settings for every music style
- Pristine tone with low noise level
- MIX, DECAY and TONE knobs for detailed reverb control
The all-new Valeton Coral Verb II features advanced 24-bit digital platform, bringing you better sound quality, lower noise and new functions. This multi-use reverb pedal has 16 high quality reverb effects ready for any music style. Plus, a switchable reverb trail is very convenient for any circumstance.
HOTONE Skyline Verb Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ High Quality Dual-Mode Digital Reverb
- ✔ SHIM Mode Offers A Beautiful Shimmer Reverb Sound
- ✔ Type Bypass Foot Switch Keeps Your Sound Pure Even When Disengaged
- ✔ Features Reverb & Tone Knobs For User Input
Combining reverb and tone controls, decay modes that range from hall to auditorium-style echo, and a Shim button for shimmer tones on the fly, the Hotone Skyline Verb brings an army of boutique appointments into one of the tiniest pedals available.
The Hotone VERB digital reverb pedal easily recreates any echo from the subtle reflections of a small room to the grand ambiance of a large hall. Onboard controls let you select the decay time and shape high-end response. The SHIM button adds a light shimmer to your tone.
The Hotone VERB stomp box is a digital reverb pedal. From the subtle echoes of a small room to the grand ambiance of a large hall, Verb will throw back a natural sound.
Onboard controls let you select the decay time and shape the response of your high end. Use the SHIM button to add a decorated shimmer that will give your tone a beautiful and modified character. Intuitive to use within minutes of use, this little behemoth’s ability to add gargantuan presence to guitar, bass, or keys makes it an excellent candidate for your next effect without eating up pedalboard real estate or your wallet.
BIYANG RV-10 Baby Boom Tri Reverb Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass And LED Indicator
- ✔ 3 Built In Reverb Effects - Hall, Spring & Room
- ✔ A/B Toggle Provides Two Versions Of Each Reverb Effect
- ✔ Features Blend & Time Control Knobs For User Configuration
- Material: Metal
- Inputs: 1/4″Jack
- Outputs: 1/4″Jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22) or DC 9V 200mA adapter (positive outside and negative inside)(both are not included)
- Item Size: approx. 11.5 * 6 * 3.5cm / 4.5 * 2.4 * 1.4in
- Item Weight: approx. 290g / 10.2oz
When it comes to reverb pedals the Baby Boom RV-10 from Biyang is excellent. So whether you just want to experiment with a reverb effect, or are in a band and need to refine your sound, the Tri Reverb should be a great choice. It really is a great sounding reverb unit.
As you’d expect, you can control other characteristics of the sound with a “Time” and “Blend” control. These knobs simply allow you to define the amount of reverb and how big the reverb is. I like to think of this as the difference between playing in a medium sized room at lower settings, to playing in a big echoy cave at higher settings.
Part of the reason this pedal is so good is the amount of different reverb sounds it can create. You can select the type of reverb via a 3 way selector switch. The three modes are “Hall”, “Spring” and “Room”. Additionally there’s an A/B selection switch which can also impact your sound in a subtle way. Switched to a “A” it gives you a deeper slightly more aggressive sound, while position “B” is warmer and richer. It is very easy to dial in some beautiful reverb sounds.
In terms of construction, the RV10 boasts a strong metal case along with a true bypass foot switch which doesn’t impact your tone. The RV10 also has a stereo and mono input / output, this means you can use the pedal with a wide range of instruments and technology – not just the guitar. With stereo inputs & outputs, you can use it as a guitar effect pedal or as a super compact outboard reverb for recording and mixers.
Its an easy to use, decent little reverb that works well for traditional reverb needs.
Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Designed To Complete With The Market Leading Reverb Pedals
- ✔ LED Shows Effect Status & Battery Check
- ✔ Features Level, Tone, Time & Mode Knobs For User Configuation
- ✔ 24-Bit High Resolution Stereo Reverb Modes
- Runs on 9 V battery or the BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- First-class electronic On/Off switch for highest signal integrity in bypass mode
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
You wouldn’t think of using anything less than best reverb you could get – in the studio! So why would you even consider using anything less at your live gig? Now you can add the rich, warm sound of studio-grade reverb to any occasion with the mind-blowing DIGITAL REVERB DR600. The DR600 always provides the ideal finishing touch to any great recording or live performance.
Just select the reverb type with the Mode control, and then dial in the Level, Tone and Time. It just doesn’t get any easier than this. The status LED tells you when the DR600 is activated, and the top-quality on/off switch maintains incredible signal integrity when in bypass mode.
The Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb guitar effects pedal brings 6 of the most-wanted, 24-bit, high-resolution stereo reverbs to a stomp box near you, including rich and warm Spring, Plate, Hall, Gate, Room and Modulate reverberation effects.
Overall, this is one of the strongest contestants for the flattering title of the best cheap reverb pedal on the market. It offers top value for money in just about every department, and perhaps most importantly – the sonic quality can’t be matched within this price range.
Caline CP-44 Reflector Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Strong Metal Guitar Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Excellent Quality Components - High Fidelity Analog Circuits
- ✔ True Bypass Keeps Everything Sounding Pure Even When Disengaged
- ✔ A Cute Pedal With Nice Beautiful Drawings
- Reverb pedal from Caline.
- Specialises in Spring reverb.
- Dwell and Mix controls.
- Big sturdy construction.
- True bypass.
Caline Reflector Spring Reverb CP-44 is similar to the spring reverb effect of the analog amplifiers.The timbre offered from this high quality reverb pedal is very natural. A great sounding responsive reverb from Caline in the form of the Reflector Reverb. Unlike some, the CP-44 makes it really easy to quickly dial in great tones.
There are two main controls – Dwell and Mix. Dwell dictates the range of the spring reverb and Mix applies it to your signal.
Caline’s Reflector Reverb CP-44 is all natural sounding analog circuit spring reverb. Rich and dense like a real life reverb tank in your amp. Wet and spacious, a reliable pedal that won’t leave your pedalboard.