Top 9 Best Reverb Pedals Under $200 (July 2020)
A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With the volume, mix, decay, pre-delay and tone controls apparent on most reverb pedals under $200 you’re able to adjust your reverb effect to exactly how you want it.
Not all of the best reverb pedals under $200 are as complicated. Some come with a simply ‘single control’ which is great for guitarists looking for a type of reverb but aren’t too interested in customizing different reverb modes.
In essence, reverb is a simple guitar effect that increases your clean signal. Gives it a boost and emulates the sound you produce on that ‘concern hall’ scale.
What Is Reverb?
Reverb is the effect that occurs when a sound hits and reflects back off a hard surface towards the listener. It reflects at varying times and amplitudes. Resulting in an complex echo which differ depending on the space and location.
The best reverb pedals under $200 try to simulate this natural reverberation to an exaggerated level.
Natural reverb is a necessary effect for all types of music genres. It adds layers to the sound. On the other hand reverb pedals under $200 allow depth and tonal difference to be utilized. Consequently, they lead to a sense of ambiance as your guitars sound is moved around in the mix.
What Is A Reverb Pedal?
Reverb pedals under $200 vary in shape, size and type. Some use digital modelers to simulate reverb effects while some use real analog springs.
The best reverb pedals under $200 help to reflect sound off of surfaces in a venue or room. Leading to a ‘live’ effect for your sound. This can be enhanced or minified to sound like an arena down to a small studio.
Finding the best reverb pedal for you is paramount. As the right reverb pedal can give your tone more depth and presence. As a result you achieve the natural sound heard on professional records.
Reverb pedals under $200 offer a wide selection of different types of effects that add character to your tone.
Some types of reverb will come with true bypass capability for your input and output sockets. Letting you cut the trailing reverb immediately rather than hear it fade out slowly.
The alternative would be a buffered bypass. Which lets the reverb naturally trail away after your deactivate the pedal.
Why Do You Need A Reverb Pedal?
Simple, to create the amazing sounds of the classic 60’s and 70’s vibe. Modern reverb variations try to mimic and replicate the amazing backing tracks and ambient music of this fantastic musical era. Reverb pedals are paramount to a guitarists tonal sound. Finding the best reverb pedal under $200 is something we’ve tried to help you do. With the list we’ve created, we’re confident you can find the right reverb pedal for you.
MXR M300 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 6 Expertly Crafted Reverb Modes
- ✔ True Bypass - Perfect Tone When Disengaged
- ✔ Sturdy Housing - Can Take A Beating
- ✔ Features Decay, Tone & Mix Knobs For Custom User Preference
- Digital reverb with 6 modes
- Controller for Tone, Decay and Mix
- Bypass foot-switch
- Internal Mono-stereo switch
- True Bypass and optional Trails bypass
- Status LED
- 3 Bi-colour LEDs for display mode
- 100% Analog Dry Path
- 6.3 mm Stereo TRS input / output
- Can be used as mono with normal instrument cables
- 6.3 mm Expression pedal / CV input
- Power consumption: 240 mA
The MXR reverb delivers six distinct high end reverb styles, Each exquisitely crafted and tuned by the award-winning MXR design team.
It all comes in a standard-sized MXR box with a simple three-knob setup and a Hi-Fi analog dry path with a massive 20 volts of headroom thanks to constant headroom technology. Each reverb style is as richly detailed as any found in the highest-end rack units and plug-ins, and all you have to do to step through them is push the tone knob.
- Plate settings provide a shimmering smooth wash of space that’s a go-to choice from the studio recording world.
- Spring sets a new standard for truly authentic sounding reverb without coiled metal-a perfect recreation of the classic amp-based effect, with the tone control taking you from dark vintage amp spring, through classic jangle, to bright surf splatter.
- Epic is a unique combination of multiple interwoven analog-tone delay lines and complex modulation-perfect for solos from that more shaded part of the lunar landscape.
- Mod throws down a plate-flavored spaciousness with richly organic modulation in the feedback path.
- Room style adds subtle body and projection to your guitar tone at shorter decay times while longer decay times yield rich organic space that doesn’t wash out.
- Pad closes out the line-up with a unique combination of sub-octave + octave-up with echoes + “shimmer” + synth/organ modulation + reverb.
Connect a Dunlop dvp series volume/expression pedal to the expression jack to toggle and blend between two different knob setting configurations. The reverb includes 100% wet mode, Stereo input and output Capability, and true relay or trails bypass.
Despite it’s simplicity, we see the M300 as a high end reverb pedal with quality tones expected from a pedal much more expensive. If you’re in the market for a very capable yet simplistic reverb pedal then the M300 might be a good fit for you.
Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 11 Reverb Types Including Hall, Spring, Plate & Echo
- ✔ Tails Switch - Immediate Stop Or Natural Fade Out Reverb
- ✔ Infinite Reverb Feature
- ✔ Features FX LVL, Time, Type & Tone Knobs
- Reverb effects pedal with 11 reverb types
- Mode switch accesses up to 3 variations for many reverb types
- Tails switch allows you to choose whether or not your reverb cuts off abruptly when you bypass the pedal
- Secondary knob mode allows access to many “hidden” parameters, detailed in the instruction manual
- Unique spring reverb emulation allows you to crash the virtual reverb tank by double-tapping the foot switch
- Powered via an included 9-volt power supply
The spring reverb setting is based on a 1962 Fender 6G15 reverb unit and delivers some of the best spring reverb effects you’ll ever hear. Echo combines delay and reverb, while tremolo applies a tremolo effect to both wet and dry hall reverb. This is without a doubt the most versatile and simple to use reverb in its price range.
The Infinite foot switch jack allows users to engage sustaining reverb tails with a momentary foot switch or tap tempo. Eleven different reverb types consisting of traditional hall, spring and plate reverbs to sophisticated dynamic, modulated, shimmer and polyphonic effects. This pedal delivers on all counts. There’s obviously 11 different reverb types and many have different modes which offer additional flexibility. You can go from standard reverb types too long, dreamy drone sounds. This thing also remembers previous settings, so that’s pretty awesome.
The Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 is a reverb pedal that truly does it all, from standard reverbs with studio sound quality to sophisticated synth-like effects previously only found on much more expensive products. We’re blown away at this pedals features in such a small package. Literally every effect sounds beautiful. You will spend hours on a musical exploration of glory. What a great pedal, Bravo Electro Harmonix, you have left us speechless.
Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Top Mounted Jacks Make For Easy Pedalboard Placement
- ✔ Top Quality Components Selected For Their Superior Sound Quality
- ✔ Soft-Touch Foot Switch Can Take A Beating
- ✔ Jump Between Top And Bottom Row Settings
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedalboard placement effortless
- Side-mounted slide switches for each row of controls lets you choose between 3 unique reverb algorithms
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- 9V power jack power draw: 100mA
- External bypass and Alt controls – TRS cable required
- Effortlessly jump between top and bottom rows of controls
- Compatible with most standard expression pedals
The Astronomer V2 is a unique three-knob reverb pedal that harnesses the power of the celestial bodies. Two sets of identical controls allow you to jump between the top and bottom row of knobs effortlessly. Always visible and editable on the fly, this works as a preset without any programming or menu diving. You can set each row to be a completely different sound. For each set of controls, there is a slide switch on the side of the pedal that lets you select one of three reverb effects.
The Astronomer V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls:
Canis Major – This constellation is an EchoVerb effect designed with droning and swells in mind. The “Glow” knob controls the mix of the shimmer while the “Travel” knob adjusts the decay time of the reverb. Canis Major excels at pads and layering.
Orion – This is the quintessential hall reverb effect. Select the amount of celestial shimmer using the “Glow” control. Turned down “Glow” delivers a classic hall reverb or dime it out for a unique sound that’s straight from the heavens.
Ursa Major – Ursa Major is a chamber reverb effect. Dial in a pre-reverb octave using the “Glow” control. Turn “Glow” all the way down for a haunting dark reverb that’s great for lead lines. Slowly turn it up to add particles and emulate the sound of the cosmos.
- Alt Switch: Switch between your settings for the top and bottom row of controls on the fly and discover a universe of unique reverb.
- Alternate Jack Out: This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
- Analog Dry Path Signal: Your instrument’s dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled reverb sound.
- Expression Jack: Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the “Travel” knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in.
- Tails or Bypass Mode: The Astronomer V2 allows the beautiful haunting layers to continue as you switch the pedal Off, preventing an abrupt cut to your sound. If you desire that hard-cut when bypassing the pedal, simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes. Do the same to switch it back.
Walrus Audio Slö Multi Texture Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Delay, Filter, Mix, X & Depth Knobs For Extensive User Control
- ✔ Toggle Between Dark(Sine), Rise(Warp) & Dream(Sink)
- ✔ Beautiful 'Lollipop Blue' Alloy Casing
- ✔ Original Artwork By Christi DU Toit
- Create your own soundscapes with this quality reverb effect
- Add texture to your music using three different modes
- Dial in your perfect sound thanks to extensive, intuitive control dials
- Sensational, intricately-designed reverb to take your sound to another level
The Slö Multi Texture Reverb allows players to create lush, modulated, sleepy and ambient soundscapes. Stocked with three different algorithms specifically designed to invoke textures for bringing dreams from your subconscious to reality. The toggle switch allows three different reverb modes, Dark (Lower Octave), Rise (Ambient Swell) and Dream (Latching Pad), while secondary functions on the switch change between different wave shapes for the modulation on the reverb trail.
Each reverb can also have one of three adjustable modulation types applied to its tail: a naturally smooth sine wave; asymmetric pitch-up modulation that Walrus has named Warp because of the similarities to a warped record; and Sink, which is an asymmetric pitch-down type of modulation.
This is a complex pedal with lots of custom settings and options. The range of sounds is surprisingly varied, from normal reverbs through to all of the huge altered ambiences. It’s a stunningly designed work of art that will look great on anyones pedal board. Our immediate reaction was this pedal sounds as good as it looks… and it looks great.
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Very Popular Spring Reverb Mode
- ✔ Flerb Combines Flanging With Spatial Reverb
- ✔ Features A Sing Reverb Knob That Acts Like A Wet/Dry Control
- ✔ Reverb Algorithms Are Designed For Guitar But Work With Most Instruments
- Three different reverb algorithms: Spring, Hall, and Flerb
- Great for guitar, voice, and most any instrument
- Digital reverb in a compact pedal
The EHX Nano Holy Grail is a compact yet powerful reverb pedal, some say it was crafted by the gods to be the finest spring reverb available to mere mortals, and who are we to argue? The range of atmospheric space available is enlightening – everything from tight small room spring to epic rock arena sound is on offer at the flick of a switch, with a unique ‘Flerb’ setting that combines flanging with spatial reverb for a unique, ethereal sound. Tried and tested by countless pros over the years, the Nano Holy Grail is what every true guitarist has been looking for
The REVERB knob acts like a Wet/Dry control. As you turn the REVERB knob clockwise you will hear more reverb and less of your dry instrument. The Holy Grail is designed so that as you turn the REVERB knob from its minimum position to the 12 o’clock position you will hear a subtle amount of reverb added to the output. As you turn the REVERB knob from 12 o’clock to its maximum position the amount of reverb you hear will increase dramatically. It is designed this way so musicians can hone in on just the right amount of subtle reverb added to their instrument’s signal. The Slide Switch chooses between the three different reverb algorithms. The Slide Switch chooses between the three different reverb algorithms.
Switches between the three different reverb algorithms. All three algorithms were designed and tailored for the electric guitar but they will work equally as well on most instruments and voices. The SPRING algorithm is a recreation of the classic spring reverbs that are found in many guitar amplifiers. The HALL algorithm is a new, lush reverb. Finally FLERB is a beautiful reverb like nothing you have heard before and may help you play your instruments in new ways.
BOSS RV-6 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features E.Level, Tone, Time & Mode Knobs For Easy User Customization
- ✔ Studio-Grade Algorithms Create The Magical Sounds Of The 8 Reverb Modes
- ✔ Superb Build Quality
- ✔ Dynamic Mode Automatically Adjusts To Your Style Of Play
- The RV-6 is capable of controlling the effect level with the aid of expression pedal which is really handy to alter the ambiance on the fly.
- Presence of Delay+Reverb and Shimmer modes confers textures that are immersive and modern-sounding.
- This product comes with the unique Boss compact pedal housing.
- It is powered via AC adaptor or a 9-volt battery.
- Presence of eight sound modes plays a vital role in imparting the diverse range of the ready-to-play reverb effects.
- 8 sound modes confer a wider range of the game Prepare reverbs.
- Dial in the sophisticated and musical reverb in no time along with the simple controls.
- Studio-grade algorithm and cutting-edge tech are capable of delivering the sound of premium quality.
- Renders support for the stereo or mono operation.
- Input to control the reverb level along with the optional expression pedal
- Dynamic Mode is beneficial in adjusting to the playing in an automated manner for the clear and articulate performance.
- Versatile and compact reverb pedal is built along with the rich and dense sound.
The Boss RV-6 is the result of professional guitarists helping the experts at Boss to create the ultimate easy to use reverb pedal that offers amazing tones as soon as the pedal is activated. However for this to happen, many parameters are simultaneously working to change the voicing and tone of the reverb.
Ultimately the Boss RV-6 is a classic Boss pedal that will be reliable and offer top quality reverb sounds that any guitar player could utilise. Overall the RV 6 is a great pedal. Do yourself a favour though. Don’t bother with batteries, get a power supply.
J. Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Simple One Knob Reverb Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Specially Designed To Give Your Tone Some Atmosphere
- ✔ Designed To Be Used With Either Your Hand Or Foot
- Dimensions; 4.00″ x 2.30″
- Power; 9V Negative Tip Adaptor w/ 5.5mm x 2.1mm Jack
- Battery; 9V Battery (NOT Included)
- True Bypass Switching
When we developed the Boing reverb, we had the live club in mind. The Boing is part of the new Tour Series line of pedals which are created around simplicity in design and ease of use.
With the Boing, the goal was to recreate a reverb of the past specifically designed to cut through the mix and give your tone some atmosphere. The Boing is a simple, one knob recreation of the classic Deluxe Reverb and, like many of the classic amps, it is just a single knob for either more or less reverb.
The knob was made extra-large so it can be easily manipulated by one’s foot. There is a ton of headroom and the reverb can be made to be extremely subtle for use in front of overdriven amps without getting nasty. When coupled with a delay, like J Rockett’s Alien Echo, you can achieve some pretty spectacular, spacey, beautiful sounds.
with over 100 customer feedback reviews and an overwhelmingly positive score the Boing Spring Reverb guitar effects pedal is a pedal you should seriously consider adding to your arsenal.
TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Decay, Tone, Level & Mode Knobs For User Input
- ✔ Loaded With 8 Reverb Settings
- ✔ 3 Empty Slots For TonePrint Favourites
- ✔ TonePrint Allows You To Send FX Directly To The HoF2 Pedal
- New shimmer reverb algorithm pitches your reverb up an octave through each feedback loop to give an other-worldly sound
- Next-generation reverb algorithms give you phenomenal-sounding realistic reverb tones
- TonePrint-enabled to let you beam cool signature tones into your pedal with the free TonePrint App
- 3 dedicated TonePrint slots for storing signature effects
- Design your own customized reverb effects from scratch with free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac, and iPad
- Simple, easy-to-use controls let you focus on playing
- Works flawlessly with guitar and FX loop signals
- Optional buffered bypass mode prevents high frequency loss from long cable runs
- MASH technology turns footswitch into a pressure-responsive expression controller
- Reverb pedal returns better than ever with an innovative footswitch and an added shimmer effect
- True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when reverb is engaged
The original Hall Of Fame Reverb delivered some of the most-iconic reverb sounds of all time, but Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb extends that legacy of innovation dramatically. Essentially, Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb’s incredible MASH technology adds an expression pedal to a world-class reverb stompbox that not only responds to your touch and saves precious pedalboard space – but blends the celestial world of reverb with the ultimate in personal expression.
The TC Electronic Hall of Fame is a reverb pedal that has been used by many famous musicians and featured on countless records, making it another classic guitar effects pedal.
With the Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb, your most transcendent shoe-gazing dreams are finally realized. An all-new Shimmer reverb algorithm provides an unearthly octave pitch shift, ensuring that your tone delivers spine-tingling euphoria in every single note. All of the onboard, next-generation algorithms give you true realistic reverb sounds.
TonePrint App allows you to beam FX directly to your device, including signature reverbs from the most revered icons of rock and roll. If you want something a bit more original – you can easily create your own via the free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac, and iPad. And since good things often come in 3’s, Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb provides 3 dedicated TonePrint slots to save your favorites. Why? Because… more is just better!
If your gig calls for the kind of reverb that evokes memories of years gone by and experiences yet to be realized, then the Hall Of Fame 2 checks off all the right boxes. Offering much more than just the “garden variety” sounds of competing products, the Hall Of Fame 2 lets you step outside the box.
You love tone, so do we, and our design philosophy testifies to that. So whatever route you wanna go, we got your back. With optimized headroom, True Bypass or Buffered Bypass switch and Kill-Dry on/off, this pedal provides optimal tonal integrity and no loss of tone. And, no matter if the pedal is on or off your precious dry sound is always passed through the pedal unharmed due to an Analog-Dry-Through
The TC Hall Of Fame is a great for guitarists who like a pedal they can plug-in and get luscious reverb sounds instantly. If you want an inexpensive reverb thats compact in size and has a large range of setting than this pedal is for you.
Digitech Polara Reverberation Pedal
- ✔ 7 Reverb Modes - Room, Plate, Reverse, Modulated, Halo, Hall & Spring
- ✔ Durable Soft Click Foot Switch
- ✔ True Bypass Circuitry Preserves Your Tone
- ✔ Features Level, Mode, Liveliness & Decay Knobs For User Custom Input
- Digital Reverb
- Reverb Types: Room, Hall, Plate, Reverse, Modulated, Halo, Hall and Spring.
- Controls: Level, Liveliness, Decay, Reverb Type
- Input: Stereo 1/4″
- Output: Stereo 1/4″
- Power: Power Supply 9V DC
- Bypass Type: Configurable to True Bypass or Buffered
- Lexicon Reverb Technology
- Dimensions: 4.40″ (L) x 2.65″ (W) x 2.0″ (H); 11.18cm
- Weight: 1 lb
The Polara reverb pedal features an interesting mix of classic and modern reverb types, and some of the algorithms are based on staple studio gear from Lexicon.
This interesting combination makes it a viable pedal for both the minimalist and those who want to experiment with the reverb effect.
Featuring seven inspirational Lexicon® reverbs, the DigiTech® Polara will be the new architect of your soundscape, defining space and adding dimension to your playing. On their ‘Amped’ video channel, Sonic State review the Polara calling it, “outstanding value for money”.
The Halo reverb is of special mention because it allows for interesting sounds with its cascading octaves and reverb decay, a unique reverb type that’s only available from the Polara. And since essential reverb types are included, you get the chance to switch from old school to new school with just a few knob twists.
- “There’s a clear nod towards the boutique market with the design of the pedal; it’s a very striking encasing which feels substantial enough to withstand the rigours of touring”.
- “The Halo preset gives you a ‘shimmering’ reverb with background modulation, it also creates an octave reverb signal above and below your original signal, which can be a lot of fun with a fully wet mix and a boat load of decay”.
- “It’s rugged, it sounds great, and it has a very small pedal board footprint”.
The DigiTech Polara is a good choice for a workhorse reverb pedal, especially if you want the essentials to be of good quality while still having the option to play with more experimental reverb types. Sonically speaking, this Reverb is a really advanced device. Your sounds will definitely develop using this product! The pricing of the Digitech Polara is reasonable and a great investment for any musician of any level looking to experiment.
Best Reverb Pedals Under $50A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With...
Best Reverb Pedals Under $100A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With...
Best Reverb Pedals For GuitarA reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With...
- MXR M300 Reverb Pedal
- Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb Pedal
- Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 Reverb Pedal
- Walrus Audio Slö Multi Texture Reverb Pedal
- Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal
- BOSS RV-6 Reverb Pedal
- J. Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb Pedal
- TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 Reverb Pedal
- Digitech Polara Reverberation Pedal