Top 7 Best Reverb Pedals Under $50 (July 2020)
Reverb Guitar Pedals
A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With the volume, mix, decay, pre-delay and tone controls apparent on most reverb pedals under $50 you’re able to adjust your reverb effect to exactly how you want it.
Not all of the best reverb pedals under $50 are as complicated. Some come with a simply ‘single control’ which is great for guitarists looking for a type of reverb but aren’t too interested in customizing different reverb modes.
In essence, reverb is a simple guitar effect that increases your clean signal. Gives it a boost and emulates the sound you produce on that ‘concern hall’ scale.
What Is Reverb?
Reverb is the effect that occurs when a sound hits and reflects back off a hard surface towards the listener. It reflects at varying times and amplitudes. Resulting in an complex echo which differ depending on the space and location.
The best reverb pedals under $50 try to simulate this natural reverberation to an exaggerated level.
Natural reverb is a necessary effect for all types of music genres. It adds layers to the sound. On the other hand reverb pedals under $50 allow depth and tonal difference to be utilized. Consequently, they lead to a sense of ambiance as your guitars sound is moved around in the mix.
What Is A Reverb Pedal?
Reverb pedals under $50 vary in shape, size and type. Some use digital modelers to simulate reverb effects while some use real analog springs.
The best reverb pedals under $50 help to reflect sound off of surfaces in a venue or room. Leading to a ‘live’ effect for your sound. This can be enhanced or minified to sound like an arena down to a small studio.
Finding the best reverb pedal for you is paramount. As the right reverb pedal can give your tone more depth and presence. As a result you achieve the natural sound heard on professional records.
Reverb pedals under $50 offer a wide selection of different types of effects that add character to your tone.
Some types of reverb will come with true bypass capability for your input and output sockets. Letting you cut the trailing reverb immediately rather than hear it fade out slowly.
The alternative would be a buffered bypass. Which lets the reverb naturally trail away after your deactivate the pedal.
Why Do You Need A Reverb Pedal?
Simple, to create the amazing sounds of the classic 60’s and 70’s vibe. Modern reverb variations try to mimic and replicate the amazing backing tracks and ambient music of this fantastic musical era. Reverb pedals are paramount to a guitarists tonal sound. Finding the best reverb pedal under $50 is something we’ve tried to help you do. With the list we’ve created, we’re confident you can find the right reverb pedal for you.
SONICAKE Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Minimal Design To Keep Things Simple
- ✔ 3 Reverb Modes - Room, Hall & Plate
- ✔ A Single Reverb Knob For Controlling The Level
- ✔ Mini Pedal - Perfect For Crowded Pedal Boards Where Space Is Lacking
- Easy-to-Use One Knob Reverb easily add Dimension and Spaciousness
- 3 Reverb Modes from a small Session Room to a Vast Space: Room, Hall, Plate
- Analog-Dry-Through keeping Tonal Clarity
- True Bypass Footswitch keeps a clean Signal Path
- Working with 9V Center Negative Regular Pedal Power Supply(not included)
The Sonicake pedal is a hugely affordable reverb processing unit. The Sonicake Digital Reverb Pedal is very small in size, and is well-protected given that the processor is housed in a solid metal chassis.
As for the functionality, The Sonicake Digital Reverb pedal provides a main ‘Reverb’ control knob, where the user can control the mixture of wet and dry signal for output. The pedal also has a switch where the user can choose between 3 reverb-type settings which include ‘Room’, ‘Hall’ and ‘Plate’. Although the features are limited, this is pretty much all you need for a simple basic reverb pedal. Why complicate things?
VSN Ocean Verb Reverb Pedal
- ✔ 24-Bit High Resolution Stereo Reverbs - Room, Spring & Shimmer
- ✔ High Quality Durable Zinc Alloy Housing
- ✔ True Bypass - No Loss When Disengaged
- ✔ Small, Compact Size - Will Take Very Little Room On Your Pedalboard
- 3 Reverb Modes: ROOM/SPRING/SHIMMER
- Input: 1/4″ Monaural Jack (Impedance:470K Ohms)
- Output: 1/4″ Monaural Jack(Impedance:100 Ohms)
- Power Supply: DC 9V
- Working Current: 100mA
- Dimensions: 95(D)*45(W)*48(H)mm
This mini reverb pedal does exactly what you need a reverb pedal to do. The mix knob is very useful. shimmer mode is fun to play with.
The Ocean Verb reverb pedal adds huge potential to your guitar capabilities. It is simple and easy to use and have 3 models. You can adjust your reverb until you hear what you want to. It is not that bog standard reverb but it has 3 switches where you can switch between 3 modes. This reverb pedal has perfect reverb range and extremely economical.
Another fantastic budget reverb offering for our list. With an overwhelmingly positive customer feedback rating we are happy to recommend this product on our list. Check it out!
Caline CP-44 Reflector Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Strong Metal Guitar Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Excellent Quality Components - High Fidelity Analog Circuits
- ✔ True Bypass Keeps Everything Sounding Pure Even When Disengaged
- ✔ A Cute Pedal With Nice Beautiful Drawings
- Reverb pedal from Caline.
- Specialises in Spring reverb.
- Dwell and Mix controls.
- Big sturdy construction.
- True bypass.
Caline Reflector Spring Reverb CP-44 is similar to the spring reverb effect of the analog amplifiers.The timbre offered from this high quality reverb pedal is very natural. A great sounding responsive reverb from Caline in the form of the Reflector Reverb. Unlike some, the CP-44 makes it really easy to quickly dial in great tones.
There are two main controls – Dwell and Mix. Dwell dictates the range of the spring reverb and Mix applies it to your signal.
Caline’s Reflector Reverb CP-44 is all natural sounding analog circuit spring reverb. Rich and dense like a real life reverb tank in your amp. Wet and spacious, a reliable pedal that won’t leave your pedalboard.
MOSKY MP-51 Spring Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Sturdy Small Metal Housing - Durable & Portable
- ✔ LED Light Indicates Current Effect/Bypass Status
- ✔ True Bypass Means No Degradation When Disengaged
- ✔ Features Mix & Dwell Configuration Knobs
- Spring Reverb Pedal by MOSKY
- Budget-Priced making it highly affordable
- Landslide of Positive Amazon Review Ratings
- Compact Unit with Alloy Housing
- Super Simple to use
The unit is housed in a very sturdy, all-metal encased chassis and is extremely small in size, making it ideal for the guitarist who’s not got much to spend, and not much space on the pedalboard The pedal is noted to provide a high-quality reverb effect, as though it is a more expensive unit, with guitarists mentioning that it provides a very warm but unique, vibrato-like sound with subtle harmonics.
The Mosky MP-51 Spring Reverb mini is for the guitarist who has a small budget. The guitarist that wants a small, compact unit which is suitable for both touring/live shows and practising. While still providing a good-quality reverb effect sound. That’s why it made out list.
EX Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Three Different Reverb Modes - Room, Spring & Well
- ✔ Features Level, Dry/Wet & Time Knobs For User Customization
- ✔ Small Size - Won't Take Much Space On Your Pedalboard
- ✔ Color Changing LED Depicts Current Mode - Red/Room, Green/Spring & Mix/Well
The EX Mini is a very small, budget digital reverb pedal that’s marketed primarily for beginner and intermediate guitarists.
The controls of the EX Mini are pretty straight forward. The mode knob that lets you switch between Room, Spring & Well settings. There are Level and Time knobs to help you configure and adjust the reverb to your liking, as well as a dry/wet switch to moderate the amount of reverb in the mix.
The pedal is designed as a simple footswitch with an LED status light that changes in color depending on mode. The pedal feels durable, with a compact design which means it won’t take up much room on the old pedalboard.
The EX Digital Reverb Mini pedal is one of the cheapest reverb pedals on the market today. It’s built well and has a nice selection of reverb modes, most of which sound great. Especially when you take the pedals price into consideration. If you’re on a limited budget but still want a reverb pedal, then the EX Digital should be seriously considered.
For those on a tight budget, the EX Digital Reverb pedal sets a good bar. Check it out
Mimidi Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Cost Effective Design Makes This Fantastic Value For Money
- ✔ True Bypass Sends Out A Clear Transparent Tone
- ✔ Features Decay, Mix & PRD(Pre-Delay) Knobs For User Customization
- ✔ LED Light Shows The Working State And Offers Illumination In Dark Environments
- PRD-Sets delay time
- MIX-Sets the amount of reverb
- DECAY-Sets the length of reverb
- True Bypass design, aluminum alloy
- Power Requirement：9V DC center negative
- Current consumption:50mA
- Material:Aluminum Alloy
- Size: 11.2*6.4*3.4 inch
Commonly reverb pedals can be very expensive. This is one of the best value pedals on the market.
It can provide a range of excellent usable reverb tones. Comes in a durable metal enclosure and is True Bypass design.
This is a lovely reverb pedal. It might not have all the features of some of the alternatives on the market but this does what it does really well. For the price it’s a great option for those on a tight budget, those who want to try adding reverb to their setup or those who are just looking for a bargain.
Caline CP-26 Snake Bite Digital Reverb Pedal
- ✔ LED Indicator Shows The Current Working State
- ✔ Strong, Sturdy Aluminum Alloy Housing
- ✔ True Bypass For Zero Tone Coloration
- ✔ Features RES, PRD, CFR, LPF, Decay & Mix Knobs For User Customization
- Input: 1/4” monaural jack (impedance: 470k Ohms)
- Output: 1/4” monaural jack (impedance: 470 Ohms)
- Power Requirements: AC adapter 9V DC (center minus plug)
- Current Draw: 9 mA
- RES:（ resonant）—to simulate resonant acoustics in different environment of.
- PRD:（pre-delay）—to simulate the delay of space reflation. •MIX— to control the ratio of wet-and-dry
- CFR:（center frequency）—to adjust center frequency of formant.
- LPF:（low pass filter）—to adjust the radio-frequency component of reverb.
- DECAY: to adjust the delay time.
- MIX: Sets the amount of reverb
- True Bypass：True bypass for zero tone coloration.
- Input & Output Jack：Analogy though 1/4’’ mono audio jack.
As you can see, Caline have a classic mini size, convenient and durable. True bypass switch lets your instrument’s signal pass through a non-electronic bypass line when the effect is disengaged, feeding your amp with direct, unaltered signal from your instrument. There are six function knobs, namely MIX, RES. CFR.LPF.PRD and DECAY. You can just control six function knobs and choose the model you want to made you own music tone. Enjoy your own fun and colorful life.
The reverb effect itself sounds quite good actually. It can do subtle reverb sounds, small room type reverb, bathroom reverb, a convincing spring reverb. Easy to tweak those and you just have to finetune the Mix and Decay controls. As soon as these controls pass the 10 o’clock mark, the reverb effect becomes less subtle and more prominent, and the Snake Bite turns into an ambient companion. Great for post rock and shoegaze.
Best Reverb Pedals Under $200A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With...
Best Reverb Pedals Under $100A reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With...
Best Reverb Pedals For GuitarA reverb pedal is a cornerstone guitar effects pedal for most guitarists. It is able to thicken, add color and character to your signal. With...
- Strymon BigSky Reverb Pedal
- BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Pedal
- Strymon BlueSky Reverb Pedal
- Catalinbread Topanga Reverb Pedal
- MXR M300 Reverb Pedal
- Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb Pedal
- Walrus Audio Slö Multi Texture Reverb Pedal
- Matthews Effects Astronomer V2 Reverb Pedal
- TC Electronic HOF Mini Reverb Pedal
- Behringer DR600 Digital Reverb Pedal