Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB Audio Interface (October 2020)
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB Audio Interface
- ✔ Highly reputable brand
- ✔ Very impressive technical specs
- ✔ Tried and tested, as it’s the 3rd Generation of the product
- ✔ Ultra-low latency
The Scarlett 18i20 (3rd Gen) by Focusrite is their third iteration of this phenomenally successful series. And with each generation, Focusrite seems to iron out any flaws and add functionality.
It is an 18 input unit, with 8 XLR/TRS combination inputs, as well as a MIDI input & output, S/PDIF input & output, and the ADAT inputs/outputs.
The reason that this interface features two sets of ADAT inputs/outputs as it requires both sets to be used simultaneously when running the unit at 96kHz.
The unit itself is very physically pleasing, and can be rack-mounted. It also includes a range of software, which will delight any musicians who may be starting out.
As for the technical capabilities of the unit, as expected, it can provide a 192kHz sample rate, which is very impressive.
Overall, since it’s extremely new, there are few customer reviews in existence. However, when taking into account the previous versions and their customer reviews, it definitely suggests that this is an interface to look at.
- Mac & PC
- Supports all major DAWs
- Newly released audio interface
- 18 inputs and 20 outputs
- Eight high-quality mic preamps
- Made by Focusrite, who are leaders in the music tech industry
- 3rd Generation of the Scarlett 18i20
- Durable metal chassis which is rack-mountable
- Sleek aesthetic design
- Includes software
- Pro Tools, Ableton Live Lite, Softube time and tone bundle, Focusrite’s Red plug-in Suite, 3-month splice subscription and 1 free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument
- Requires power adapter
- Warranty: 2-Year Manufacturers Warranty
- USB C connectivity
- MIDI input/output
- 2 XLR/TRS combination inputs (on the front)
- 6 XLR/TRS combination inputs (on the back)
- 2 TRS/Headphone outputs (on the front)
- 10 TRS/Line outputs (on the back)
- S/PDIF input & output
- 2 x ADAT input & output
- 24-bit/192 kHz resolution
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz Frequency Response
- 48v Phantom Power
- Highly reputable brand
- New technology, with it being a new release
- Tried and tested, as it’s the 3rd Generation of the product
- Ultra-low latency
- 2-year manufacturers warranty
- Very impressive technical specs
- Phantom power can only be applied to bulk inputs (i.e 1-4, 4-8)