Digitech Obscura Altered Delay Pedal Review (October 2020)
Digitech Obscura Altered Delay Pedal
- ✔ Digital Delay Pedal That Runs Analog When Dry
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Features Level, Mode, Time & Tone Control Knobs
- ✔ On/Off Tails Toggle Switch
- Tap Tempo with Beat Divisions
- True Stereo I/O
- True Bypass
- Input Separate Left and Right ¼” Unbalanced (Tip-Sleeve)
- Input Impedance Effect on: >1 M (stereo), >500 k (mono); Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Output Separate Left and Right ¼” Unbalanced (Tip-Sleeve)
- Output Impedance Effect on: 1 k; Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Controls Level, Delay Type, Time, Repeats, Tone, Degrade, Delay Tails On/Off, Effect On/Off
- Switches Soft Click, Vacuum Style Footswitch; Reverb Tails On/Off Toggle Switch
- Power Requirements 9 VDC external power supply (required)
- Power Consumption 675 mW (< 75 mA @ 9 VDC)
- Current Draw 75 mA (typical at 9 VDC)
- Power Supply Model PS0913DC-01 (US, JA, EU); PS0913DC-02 (AU, UK)
- Power Supply Output 9 VDC 1.3 A
- Dimensions 4.40” (L) x 2.65” (W) x 2.0” (H); 11.18cm (L) x 6.73cm (W) x 5.08cm (H)
- Weight 1 lb; 0.453 kg
This new Digitech Obscura Altered Delay retro-delay simulator takes vintage tones and mangles them quite beautifully. The Obscura Altered Delay sports a retro-alchemic graphic art theme in the shape of a skeleton.
The Obscura Altered Delay from DigiTech allows you to turn your delays upside down and inside out. The Obscura’s four delay types can be darkened, degraded and distorted on the fly with the stacked Tone and Degrade controls. Combine these controls with the Obscura’s Repeat/Hold feature and lose yourself in long, trippy, gurgling repeats or backwards-manipulated sonic mayhem. In addition to its Tone and Degrade controls, the Obscura features independent Level, Delay Mode and stacked Time and Repeats controls.
Complimenting those versatile controls, the Obscura offers four excellent-sounding Analog, Tape, Lo-Fi, and Reverse types, Tap Tempo mode with Beat Divisions, Stereo Inputs/Outputs, a Delay Tails On/Off Switch and True Bypass circuitry. With its compact size and vacuum-style footswitch, the Obscura furthers DigiTech’s evolution in pedal design.
Digitech have put years of experience into every detail of its mechanical and sonic blueprint. The Obscura uses a 9V DC power supply to easily integrate into your existing pedalboard.