Mooer Black Secret Distortion Pedal Review (March 2021)
Mooer Black Secret Distortion Pedal
- ✔ Mode Switch Toggles Between Vintage & Turbo Distortion
- ✔ Vintage - Smooth, Warm Distortion Sound
- ✔ Turbo - Over Twice The Max Output Of Vintage, Monstrous Distortion
- ✔ Small Sized Metal Chassis - Easy To Fit On Your Pedalboard
- 2 Working Modes:Vintage/Turbo
- Vintage: A warm, smooth, vintage distortion sound
- Turbo: More than twice the maximum output of the vintage mode, more powerful distortion sound
- Full metal shell
- Pedalboard friendly
- True bypass
- Requires 9V DC power supply (not included)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 93.5 x 42 x 52 mm
- Weight: 160 g
The Black Secret Distortion pedal captures the classic “Rat” tone made famous in the ’70s and ’80s. The pedal features two modes: Vintage and Turbo. Both modes are very different with vintage delivering a raspy thinner distortion that doesn’t over power your tone. The Turbo mode on the other hand really thickens up the tone giving you a beefier modern sound.
Like the other micro pedals in the Mooer family, this pedal will fit on any pedal board with ease. Its full metal casing makes it durable and road ready, and like most great effects pedals it has true bypass.
If you like the original RAT pedal then you’ll love this budget distortion pedal. It’s taken it’s inspiration from the RAT tones perfectly. Build quality is good, sound is good, price is good. What more is there to say. Give it a chance, you won’t regret it!