MXR M77 Custom Badass Modified O.D (Overdrive) Pedal (August 2020)
MXR M77 Custom Badass Modified O.D (Overdrive) Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass
- ✔ Classic Circuit Design With Modifications
- ✔ Bump Switch - Low and Mid Range Boost
- ✔ 100Hz Cut And Boost Control
- 2 Status LED
- Sturdy metal housing
- Operation via 9V battery or Dunlop ECB-003 AC adapter (optional, not included)
- Made in USA
- Analogue distortion pedal
- Modified M78 pedal with additional 100 Hz cut and boost control
- Controls for output, tone and distortion
- “Bumb” switch for alternative voicing with bass and mid-boost
The Custom Badass Modified O.D. features a classic overdrive circuit with modern modifications for improved performance and versatility. Besides standard output and gain knobs, MXR’s Custom Badass Modified OD offers plenty of tonal tweaks.
For added flexibility, we’ve added a 100HZ cut and boost control that allows for a more focused EQ when cut, or a beefier tone when boosted. The Bump switch engages an alternate EQ voicing that boosts the lows and mids. Put it in front of the ’78 Custom Badass Distortion for a slew of amp-like gain structures that won’t mask your tone.
The Custom Badass Modified O.D. is brilliant for boosting solos with over the top saturation for fluid lead tones as well. It’s possible to pull out almost endless sustain, verging into singing feedback. The 100Hz control is fantastic for fattening up the tone if desired. The MXR Custom Badass Modified Overdrive works great with slightly overdriving a clean amp, or sending an overdriven amp over the edge! Check it out today!