RME Audio Interface (BABYFACEPRO) Review (October 2020)
RME Audio Interface (BABYFACEPRO)
- ✔ Extremely portable
- ✔ Bus-powered or mains powered
- ✔ Premium quality product
- ✔ Pricey when considering input/output capacity
The Babyface Pro by RME is one of the most portable audio interfaces that we’ve featured on the list, besides from the Apogee Duet of course.
Despite the unit’s size, it has a range of connectivity ports, including XLR inputs/outputs, Line, MIDI & ADAT inputs/outputs, making it very versatile for those who require several input/output types.
Additionally, the unit is housed within an aluminum chassis, and runs on either bus-power or an external power supply… All of which is totally up to yourself.
Not only have RME created a well-built audio interface, but they’ve especially prioritized their efforts on the internal circuitry, with it featuring the latest generation of low latency AD/DA converters, in combination with RME’s ‘Steadyclock’ technology, which helps further reduce noise, helping create a noise-free, clear output sound.
Overall, with all that being said, the RME Babyface Pro is ideal for those who want a portable audio interface, with a wider selection of inputs/outputs than the similarly sized Apogee Duet.
- Mac & PC & iOS devices
- Supports all major DAWs
- Highly reputable brand
- 24-channel mobile solution
- A very portable audio interface
- Aluminum chassis for effective protection
- High-quality internal circuitry for low-latency
- Includes software
- RME’s TotalMix FX
- Warranty: 2-Year Manufacturers Warranty
- USB 2.0/3.0 connectivity
- 2 XLR inputs
- 2 XLR outputs
- MIDI input/output
- ADAT input/output
- 2 headphone line outputs
- 24-bit/192 kHz resolution
- 20 Hz – 35 kHz Frequency Response
- Power adapter or bus-powered
- 48v Phantom Power
- Premium quality product
- Extremely portable
- Bus-powered or mains powered
- Very portable
- 2-year manufacturers warranty