Top 4 Best Mini Tuner Pedals (November 2020)
The only thing worse than hearing someone play out of time, is someone playing out of tune. It’s a no brainer that you get yourself a high quality electric guitar tuner.
Regardless of what music you play, the guitar you use or your level of expertize. One thing we all have in common is the need to be in tune. Digital pedal tuners are an essential tool that will help keep you in tune.
The first pedal on your board should be a mini tuner pedal. It’s all well and good having these great effects but it goes without saying. If you’re out of tune, no effect sounds good. It might not be the most prolific pedal on the planet but if you’re not in tune, your as good as lost.
What Is A Guitar Tuner Pedal?
The fact of the matter is that your guitar doesn’t stay in tune forever. A guitar tuner is a useful tool that allows you to make sure you’re sounding your best at any time.
Different Types Of Mini Tuner Pedals For Guitar
Some types of mini tuning pedals allow you to tune all your strings at once. These polyphonic mini tuning pedals are great time savers. Some other models use strobe technology which is one of the best most accurate type of tuning methods on the planet.
A tuner that is able to sense vibrations from your guitar is really useful because it allows you to tune your electric guitar in a noisy environment. This is particularly useful when you’re playing in a live scenario. It’s not always possible to tune in a quiet location.
A popular type of tuning guitar pedal is the chromatic tuner. These pedals are really easy to use and have a bright display for easy use in a dark environment.
The best guitar tuners are perfect for standard tunings however they are also suitable for alternative guitar tunings such as drop D.
Guitar mini tuning pedals are the best option when it comes to tuning up and electric guitar between songs on a live stage. Many different models come with backlit displays, led lights and light up control panels to make it easy to use in a low light situation. Visibility is crucial to obtain highly accurate tuning.
The best guitar tuner pedal is a digital tuner. There are many many options out there and so we’ve tried to find you the best mini tuning pedals for guitar on the market. Ready for you to make a decision and tune your guitar.
TC Electronic Polytune 3 Mini Tuner Pedal
- ✔ Lightning Fast Chromatic Tuner
- ✔ 3 Tuning Modes - Polyphonic, Chromatic & Strobe
- ✔ Built In Buffer Pedal - Keeps Tone Crisp Through Long Cables
- ✔ Small Sized Tuner - Takes Little Space On Your Board
- Switchable true bypass / buffer modes optimize signal integrity for any setup
- “Always on” mode for tuning even when not muted and playing
- Super-bright 109-LED display provides clear readouts in all viewing conditions
- Automatically goes from polyphonic to monophonic tuning based on how many strings you play
- Tiny polyphonic tuner gives you fast, accurate tuning and a high-quality tone tool in a single unit
- Quickly tune up with polyphonic, chromatic and strobe tuning modes
- Built-in BONAFIDE BUFFER keeps tone crisp through long cables and large pedal boards
- Polyphonic mode tunes all your strings at once
- Lightning-fast chromatic tuner
- Extra-small enclosure easily fits on any pedal board
The TC Electronic Polytube 3 Mini tiny polyphonic tuner with multiple tuning modes and built-in bonfire buffer.
Carrying on the POLYTUNE legacy, POLYTUNE 3 MINI packs an unprecedented amount of tuning power into a tiny footprint without sacrificing essential features, such as always-on mode and our audiophile BONAFIDE BUFFER circuit for uncompromised tones – making it ideal for fully-loaded pedal boards where every inch counts!
Is your signal in desperate need of a strong buffer circuit to save your tonal integrity from a platoon of hungry true bypass pedals? POLYTUNE 3 MINI has you covered for any setup, and then some. Thanks to its built-in BONAFIDE BUFFER, which ensures zero signal degradation and an extremely high signal to noise ratio, POLYTUNE 3 MINI is the ultimate 2-for-1 pocket tool for pedalboards – keeping your tone robust and your pitch in place. Switch off the buffer, and you’re instantly back in true-bypass mode.
When you’re on stage rocking out, there’s just no time to stop and tune up, even if you’ve gone a bit overboard with the whammy bar. With POLYTUNE 3 MINI’s always-on mode, you never have to miss a beat. Additionally, there are 2 very practical DIP switches mounted on the side of the pedal that make it easy to go from buffered bypass to true bypass, and from standard mode to always-on.
Whether you’re performing in direct sunlight, under a massive light rig or just planning to be the first live artist on the surface of the sun, the bright display on POLYTUNE 3 remains clear and readable. And with 109 powerful LED’s running at full blast, you won’t have to search for the display – it will find you!
Yes there are cheaper mini tuning pedals out there but there aren’t any better mini tuning pedals. It’s got a built in buffer and looks pretty as hell. Do yourself a favour. If you don’t want to full sized Polytune 3 due to its size. Get the min version. You won’t be disappointed.
GUITARX X9 Mini Tuner Pedal
- ✔ Large Display - Easy To Read LED Display
- ✔ Strong Durable Design - Rugged Metal Chassis Gives Good Protection While On The Road
- ✔ True Bypass - Signal Routed Straight Through With No Loss
- ✔ Accurate - Advanced Micro Processor & Sensors Make This Tuner Very Reliable
- Strong metal chassis and highly durable design – Suitable for touring musician
- Can be used for both Bass and Electric Guitar
- Functions for Flat/Drop tunings up to 2 whole tones below standard pitch
- When in use, it mutes the output signal, which is useful for live performances
- Large LED display for clear reading in dark environments i.e on-stage
- Fast functioning and highly accurate (being within 0.5% of perfect tuning
- Large tuning frequency range: A0 (27.50hZ) – C8 (4186hz)
- Includes 5-year Manufacturers Warranty
This mini pedal tuner has a large uncluttered display which is clear to read and understand. It has good visibility under the scrutiny of different light settings.
It has a very sturdy metal chassis and features high visibility LED display making it suitable for live use. It provides very accurate pitching precision, with its accuracy being between +-0.5 cents, offers pitch calibration from 430-450hz which means that it can support up to 4 semitones down tuning.
This electric guitar tuner pedal is pretty accurate, let’s be honest some of the more finely accurate guitar pedals you could never tune in so finely with your tuning pegs without plenty of time rendering the convenience of a pedal tuner redundant.
Overall it’s a smart looking, small scale, professional guitar tuner that doesn’t cost the earth and is suitable for other instruments as well (bass guitars etc).
Donner DT-1 Tuner Pedal
- ✔ Large LED Display Shows Results Clearly
- ✔ Backlit Display Is Perfect For Dark Environments
- ✔ Tuning Range - a0(27.5Hz)~c8(4186hz)
- ✔ True Bypass Results In Zero Loss Of Tune
- Tuning range: a0 (27.5Hz) ~c8 (4186 Hz)
- Precision: 1cent
- Detection method: audio signal input
- Tuning method: auto
- Display: LCD screen
- Power: dc9v adaptor
- Dimension: 95 x 46 x 49 cm
- Weight: 112g
The Donner DT-1 is among the most affordable and best tuner pedals for both live and solo situations. Despite its price range, this chromatic tuner includes a true bypass and insane visibility. At first, it looks faded since it is different from what other tuners give you. You cannot clearly read the letter from afar, but you may still tune your string and recognize when you have hit the right spot. The whole screen becomes green when you are at the perfect frequency. The DT-1 is very handy if you love wandering around the stage.
Chromatic which is suitable for wide range tuning. LED Light indicator shows the working state. LCD display leads clear results of tuning. And it’s easy to read the right tone. Tuning range is A0(27.5Hz) ~ C8(4186Hz). New fast precise strobe mode with +/- 1 cent accuracy. Enjoy your own fun and colorful life.
Step the footswitch to into tonal model, the indicator turn on. Operation shows “—“ when no signature is input, the indicator of solmization and fine tuning will be turned on. The blue indicator in the middle turns on when the tone is accurate. The signature is no display on the screen while out of the tonal model.
As you can see, Tuner DT-1 have a novel design logo, classic mini size, convenient and durable. True bypass switch lets your instrument’s signal pass through a non-electronic bypass line when the effect is disengaged, feeding your amp with direct, unaltered signal from your instrument.
The sheer number of positive reviews this tuning pedal has is mind blowing. The Donner DT-1 truly is a loved pedal. And so it should be. Take a look for yourself.
Rowin LT-910 Chromatic Tuner Pedal
- ✔ Very Precise Tuning Capability
- ✔ Large, Easy To Read LED Display
- ✔ True Bypass Allows For No Loss Of Tune
- ✔ Works With 7 String Guitars & 5 String Bass
- Chromatic tuner pedal for electric/acoustic guitar and bass guitar.
- True bypass circuitry allows the signal going straight from the IN to the OUT.
- Bright LED display for reading the tuning information easily.
- Mini size and metal case, very durable and easy to store.
What a good chromatic tuner lacks in glamour is offset by it being a must-have essential for any and all musicians. The high-precision LT-910 Chromatic Tuner from budget guitar effects pedal manufacturer Rowin is a workhorse pedal that not only takes up a tiny spot on your pedalboard, but also costs less than half of your average stompbox. The LT-910 CHromatic Tuner features a big bright LED display that’s perfect for tuning while on a dark stage, plus it works equally well with guitar or bass.
Chromatic which is suitable for wide range tuning. Tuning range is A0(12Hz) ~ C8(4186Hz). LED Light indicator shows the working state, and display leads clear results of tuning. And it’s easy to read the right tone. New fast precise strobe mode with +/- 0.1% accuracy. Enjoy your own fun and colorful life.
Connected with power and audio cable, Deluxe Tuner will go to bypass mode. Press bypass switch to enter tuning mode. Operation shows black when no signature is input, the indicator of solmization and fine tuning will be turned on. The blue indicator in the middle turns on when the tone is accurate.
Give the Rowin a shot if you’re looking for a strong chassis mini guitar or bass tuner that will do it’s job very very well.