Donner Boost Killer Distortion Pedal Review (March 2021)
Donner Boost Killer Distortion Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Strong & Durable Aluminum Chassis
- ✔ Features Bass, Volume, Treble & Gain Control Knobs
- ✔ Small Size - Easy To Find Space On Your Pedalboard
- True gain booster, double +/- 15db equalization to make the purest sound with lowest losing
- Create the rich distortion sound and make it more powerful
- Whole aluminum-alloy chassis, stable and strong
- True bypass provide transparent tone
- LED indicator shows the working state
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms, 1/4 Mono audio interface
- Output impedance: 10K Ohms, 1/4 Mono audio interface
- Working current: 7 mA
- Power Supply: 9V DC adapter
- Dimensions: 95mm (D)*44mm (W)*48mm (H)
Often likened to the Xotic RC Booster, Donner’s Boost Killer pedal is arguably one of the most aggressive boost effects available. For a budget-friendly effects pedal, it loads plenty of heat, making it an attractive option. If you are looking to enter the world of boosters, the Boost Killer could be a great starting point. Even with its lightweight and compact enclosure, this pedal features a bit more generous controls than your standard booster design. It consists of Treble, Bass, and Volume controls along with a dominant Gain knob.
It packs a lot of heat for what is essentially an extremely affordable effects pedal. For that reason alone, it’s among the most attractive boost pedals on the market today. Should you decide to wet your feet in the world of boosters, this model could be a great starting point. The chassis is very, very compact despite the functionality, and is made of all-aluminum, so we have no concerns over its durability. There have been some reports of faulty internals on delivery, but these have been rectified quickly.
Those who are able to deal with a less polished package will simply love this pedal. It’s a rugged unit that needs some attention if you want it to reach its fullest potential.