Korg Pitchblack Custom Tuner Pedal Review (November 2020)
Korg Pitchblack Custom Tuner Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass Prevents Any Colouration Or Loss In Sound Quality
- ✔ Pedal Can Power Other Pedals
- ✔ 3 Times Longer Battery Life Than Previous Model
- ✔ Ultra Accurate Tuning Capability
- 3D visual meter creates a revolutionary visual effect
- Ultra-high tuning accuracy of +/- 0.1 cents
- Four types of meter display modes
- True bypass prevents any coloration or loss in the sound
- DC out allows parallel connection for powering other effect pedals
- Three times longer battery life (than previous models)
- Scale: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection Range: E0 (20.60 Hz) – C8 (4186 Hz)
- Calibration Range: 436 – 445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Detection Accuracy: within +/- 0.1 cent
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ (when tuner is on)
- Connectors: Input (mono 1/4″ jack), Bypass (mono 1/4″ jack), DC In (9V), DC Out (9V)
- Power Supply: 9V battery or 9V AC adaptor
- Battery Life: approximately 15 hours (A4 continuous input, tuner on, display mode: Regular A, using a 9 volt zinc-carbon battery)
- Consumption Current: Maximum 40mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 68 x 113 x 45 mm/ 2.68″ x 4.45″ x 1.77″ (including feet)
- Weight: 286g / 0.63 lbs (including battery)
- Included Items: one zinc-carbon battery for verifying operation
- Accessories: AC adaptor (9V)
Since its debut in 2008, the KORG Pitchblack pedal tuner has earned a reputation as a trusted and indispensable part of every pedal board, thanks to its high sensitivity, great visibility, and sturdy construction. Now, to continue the legacy of the Pitchblack, we introduce the Pitchblack Custom.
The Pitchblack Custom features the first vertical 3D visual meter on a pedal tuner. Three-dimensional lights and versatile display modes deliver an unprecedented level of visibility. In addition to allowing ultra-high +/- 0.1 cent tuning precision, it features true bypass switching that prevents any coloration of your tone. Designed with the needs of professionals in mind, the Pitchblack Custom will provide years of trouble-free operation. The durable aluminum die cast body provides a DC output that allows parallel connection for powering other effects pedals. The Pitchblack Custom offers unbeatable visibility and accuracy for all guitarists and bassists and is the clear choice for professionals.
The 3D visual meter exemplifies the Custom Shop series. A large and easily visible note name indication and the distinct movement of brightly illuminated LEDs make the pitch difference and change instantly recognizable. This new 3D visual meter makes it simple to tune with a precision of ±0.1 cent.
Designed with the professional user in mind, KORG’s Pitchblack Custom offers extremely accurate tuning with a detection range of +/- 0.1 cents, a level of precision that is uncommon of pedal tuners. With the Pitchblack Custom, players of all styles can now enjoy the same ultra-high precision offered in KORG’s flagship tuner, the Pitchblack Pro.
The true bypass design allows the input sound to be output with absolutely no change (when the tuner is off). In other words, the tuner circuit does not change, degrade, or color your sound in any way. Since the input sound is completely muted when the tuner is on, this unit is ideal for use on stage.
If a separately sold AC adaptor is used, the DC OUT jack can supply power to another effect unit. Since a dedicated power supply circuit is provided for DC OUT, it can provide stable and noiseless 9V 200 mA power.