Top 4 Best Cheap Looper Pedals On The Market (October 2020)
Cheap looper pedals are often referred to as ‘loop pedals’ or ‘looping stations.
The best cheap looper pedals on the market provide you with tons of overdubbing ability. Some loopers even allow you to add an infinite number of overdubs to your loops, so your imagination is the only limit to the music you’re able to create.
What Is A Looper Pedal?
A looper pedal is a composition, rehearsal, and performance tool that creates loops on the fly. A loop is created by recording any segment of sound into the pedal. The pedal then automatically plays whatever was recorded, over and over until you push stop. Loop pedals effectively allow you to accompany yourself by gradually building up layer upon layer of sound. Different looper pedals will provide you with different length of recording time in terms on minutes of looping. Some are easy to use some are more complex loop station models.
Many of the best pedal loopers have true bypass switching. This allows the signal to pass through unaltered when disengaged.
Why Should You Get A Looper Pedal?
By using a looper pedal, a singer-guitarist in a one person band can play the backing chords (or riffs) to a song. Then loop them with the pedal, sing and do a guitar solo over the chords. Some units allow a performer to layer multiple loops, enabling the performer to create the effect of a full band.
The Benefits Of A Cheap Looper Pedal
The best cheap looper pedals are incredibly handy to have for both practice and live performances.
Practicing with a looper, much like practicing with a metronome, will help you work on your internal timing. With the added benefit of hearing harmony at the same time.
Loopers give you the ability to expand your sound as a solo artist and increase the potential of what you can play. Looper pedals are an honest, accurate, and impartial judge of your own playing.
Using A Looper Pedal
Any guitar player worth their salt knows that a loop pedal can only boost the versatility of your arsenal.
The loop pedal is as simple or complex as you want it to be depending on how you use it. Some looper pedals enable you to store and transfer recordings to your computer.
Since each looper provides unique features, giving your owner’s manual, a quick read is the best way to learn how to use your new looper pedal.
Rowin LN-332 Looper Pedal
- ✔ 10 Minutes Of Clear Looping
- ✔ Simple Interface - Level Control Knob
- ✔ Solid Chassis - High Quality Zinc Alloy
- ✔ Super Small Durable Design
- Working Current: 22mA
- On/Off LED indicate effect or bypass
- LEVEL Knob adjust the the play output volume
- INPUT Jack: 1/4” mono audio jack, for connecting Guitar
- OUTPUT Jack: 1/4” mono audio jack, outputs the signal
- DC In power Jack: DC 9V (negative in the center)
- True Bypass
- Push down the footswitch to toggle between on and bypass status
- Fits for guitar, bass, ukulele, chromatic and violin.
- Record/Playback stop/Overdub Delete
The compact Looper pedal from Rowin will enhance any guitarist performance with the capability to record, playback, overdub as well as store and upload pre-recorded sounds and tracks from a Windows based PC. With a click of the footswitch, the player can seamlessly move between modes, and utilise up to the 10 minutes of recording loop time available.
It’s designed for guitarists, it can save what you last played when you unplugging the pedal. This means absolutely zero worries, as the music you have created stays stored and is ready to go when you need it – be it just jamming on ideas, rehearsal, live performance or studio.
Overall, the fact that the Rowin LN-332 Looper mini guitar effects pedal is so small makes it easy to transport. It does however make it a little harder to stomp on compared to the bigger pedals. The push button is very responsive and the volume knob is big enough that it is easy to control. It is close to true bypass, meaning it makes almost no noise when bypassed. Another recommended looper pedal, for those who would prefer to have a smaller sized pedal without sacrificing any quality.
LEKATO Looper Pedal
- ✔ 5 Minutes Of Loop Time
- ✔ Simple Interface - Single Level Control Knob
- ✔ Durable Aluminum Chassis
- ✔ Small Size - Fits On Even The Most Crowded Pedalboards
- Maximum loop length : 5 minutes
- Dimensions : 90mm(D) x 40mm(W) x 49.5mm(H)
- Level Knob：Control the sound volume with looper.
- Input & Output Connector Type : Standard 1/4’’jack-mono/TS.
- Power input : Standard 9V DC
- USB Connector type : Micro – B USB
- 48K/24bit sampling rate, lossless, uncompressed, professional tone quality.
- 5 minute loop time and an unlimited amount over overdubs.
- Come with internal memory, can use USB for upload and download.
- Ultra-simple single-knob operation sets loop playback volume.
What’s interesting about the LEKATO Looper guitar effects pedal is that it comes in a durable aluminum alloy casing. Not many budget pedals do, many come in plastic casings to keep the costs down. The Looper is built to last and if you look after it you’re sure to get many years out of it.
The Looper sounds great. It’s equipped with a 24bit convertor which means you’ll be getting uncompressed audio which means it’ll sound more authentic. Overall we think it’s a solid budget looper pedal.
HOEREV Looper Effector Pedal
- ✔ Simple Interface - Single 'Level' Control
- ✔ Up To 5 Minutes Loop Time
- ✔ Durable Mini Metal Chassis
- ✖ Not True Bypass Switching
- Recording Time: 5 Minutes
- 48k high quality voice
- Sampling :24bit
The Looper mini effects pedal offers great value for entry level guitarist. It would be great for a practice or home setup. If you want a small looper for occasional use on your board. It does exactly what it needs to, without the bells and whistles. Cheap, cheerful and well reviewed by previous customers.
Donner Looper Pedal
- ✔ 3 Modes - Half Speed, Normal & Reverse
- ✔ 10 Minutes Of Looping
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Small Durable Aluminum Chassis
- Three models：1/2 Speed Mode,NORMAL Mode,Reverse Mode
- LED Light：LED indicator shows the working state
- Level Knob：Control the sound volume with looper
- Input & Output Jack：Analogy though 1/4’’ mono audio jack
- True Bypass：True bypass for zero tone coloration
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Working Current: 96 mA
- Power Supply: 9V DC adapter
- Dimensions: 75mm (D)*36mm (W)*40mm (H)
- Weight: 210g (with box)
With 10 minutes of looping time and unlimited overdubs and undo/redo functionality, Donner looper is the perfect blend of quality, creativity and simplicity. You can import/export loops from PC(44.1 kHz, 24 bit, below Win 8). The looper with the LED indicator, and shows the looper working status.
Easy to Control
There is one function Level knob and three models:1/2 Speed Mode, NORMAL Mode, Reverse Mode. Control the level function knob and model to made loop. Donner Looper makes looping as easy as 1-2-3 for everyone. No hassle or needlessly complicated stuff.
As you can see, new Donner Looper have a smaller design size, classic white body , convenient and durable. Its ultra simple design and super mini size, made of aluminum alloy, very convenient and durable. Let you out to show there is no burden. Enjoy your own fun and colorful life.
This pedal is excellent for people learning how to play guitar. If you are just getting started and not ready to play with a full band yet, this pedal will allow you to play along by yourself and get used to your rhythm and timing. An easy recommendation for us.