Top 10 Best Delay Pedals Under $200 (July 2020)
The delay pedal is one of the most iconic and recognizable guitar effects on the planet. The best delay pedals under $200 are hugely popular for this very reason. Put simply, a delay pedal is an echo device that repeats the notes fed through it.
When it comes to playing the guitar, the delay effect is synonymous with a typical pedalboard. Most guitarists whether amateur or professional would agree it’s a common and very popular effect. There are lots of different types of delay pedal under $200. Primarily analog delay pedals under $200 and digital delay pedals under $200. Analog are preferred by a select few, usually more experienced guitarists. Digital delay pedals are particularly popular with the majority of guitarists. This is because they are able to somewhat emulate the analog sound that we’ve become accustom too.
What Is A Delay Pedal?
In essence, a delay pedal is a device that a snippet of an audio signal and repeats it. These repeats are usually at evenly spaced intervals. This repeating sound can occur once or any number of times. This is controlled by a delay pedals feedback controls.
The delay pedal is one of those pedals a guitarist shouldn’t be without. It a versatile effect that’s easy to use and offers a variety of delay types, delay time & delay sounds. The best delay pedal is a very personal decision. However the best delay pedals under $200 vary between both analog delays and digital delays.
What Type Of Delay Pedal Is The Right Choice?
Put simply, if you’re looking to emulate and old fashioned, unpredictable, warm delay. Then an analog delay will be more to your liking. If you’re looking for dependable, crystal clear precise notes then a digital delay will suit your purpose more.
Every guitarist should know how to get the best out of their delay pedal. Whether you’re an amateur, experienced or professional player. It’s worth getting one of the best delay pedals under $200. We hope that this list will help you do just that.
MXR M292 Carbon Copy Deluxe Delay Pedal
- ✔ Same Warm Analog Sound As The Original Carbon Copy
- ✔ Twice As Much Delay time On Tap (Up To 1200Ms)
- ✔ 4 Different Tap Tempo Subdivisions
- ✔ Programmable Presets For Easy Recall
- Effect foot switch
- Tap beat foot switch
- Status LEDs
- Tap division LED
- Metal housing
- 6.3mm Mono jack input/ output
- 6.3 mm Jack expression control input
- Power supply with 9 V battery or via 9 V DC power supply (2.1 mm x 5.5 mm power connection, polarity (-) inside, not included)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 124 x 92 x 54 mm
- Weight: 700 g
The Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay adds a bevy of new features to fine-tune the warm, organic sound that has made the original the bestselling analog delay in the world. With extended delay time—now up to 1.2s—and tap tempo functionality, you now have more control over your Carbon Copy repeats than ever. The Tap Division feature, with an easy-to-read status display, gives you four different subdivisions: dotted 8ths, 8ths, triplets, and 16ths.
On the tonal side, the Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay lets you choose between the original’s dark, mellow wash and the vibrant articulation of the Bright version with the push of a switch. To add further character and texture to your repeats, just hit the Mod switch and use the Speed and Width controls to shape the chorusing to your taste. Additional features include an expression jack for external control of various functions, programmable presets, and more.
Inside the pedal is a Line Level/Instrument Level switch—which allows the pedal to be used either in front of the amp or in the FX loop—and a Dry Kill switch for a “wet only” effect that’s perfect for studio recording. With true bypass switching, 9-volt battery operation, and MXR’s famously rugged construction, the Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay is a must-have for delay aficionados.
When you compare the with the original and mini series you have to conclude that this is truly the ultimate Carbon Copy. If you’re serious about your delay effects and capabilities then this really is the pedal you should consider.
EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Delay & Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Capable Of 1500Ms Of Delay Time
- ✔ Nice Looking, Well Designed Pedal
- ✔ Made In Akron, Ohio, USA
- Digital delay & reverb in one pedal – with 1.5 seconds of delay time
- Independent control over delay and/or reverb effects
- Flexi-Switch allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching from a single footswitch
- All-analog dry signal path
- Silent soft-touch switching
- True Bypass
- Measures; 4.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- Current Draw; 78mA
- Power; Standard 9V DC Power Supply w/ 2.1mm Negative Center Barrel
The Dispatch Master is a hi-fi digital Delay & Reverb Device that combines independent delay and reverb effects into one space-saving enclosure, so you can keep deep ambient echoes (or just a quick slapback) on speed-dial.
The best-selling EarthQuaker Devices pedal just got bester [sic] with new Flexi-Switch® Technology! Want to dip into ambient delay and reverb sounds for just one note? Press and hold the footswitch for as long as you use the effect, release it when you’re finished, and resume your regularly scheduled dry sound. To use the Dispatch Master as a normal effects pedal, press the switch once to activate and again to bypass.
‘Mix’ provides a wet/dry blend that adjusts the overall level of the affected signal. ‘Reverb’ controls the amount of reverb. Counterclockwise is less reverb, clockwise is more reverb. ‘Repeat’ controls the regeneration of the delay signal. When the repeats control is set to maximum, you’ll get infinite repeats without runaway self-oscillation, which makes it great for creating drones, dialing in the ultimate post-rock guitar sound without feedback, or just having fun. ‘Time’ sets the delay time from 0ms to 1500ms (1.5 seconds).
Anyone who want to add a touch of ambience and slapback to their clean tone, and its lush ambient sounds make it a perfect fit for modern and experimental players. The EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 gives your tone a ton of depth and character. It’s a great pedal, easy recommendation and well worth taking a look at!
JHS Pink Panther Delay Pedal
- ✔ Digital & Tape Delay In One Funky Pedal
- ✔ Mod1/Mod2 Toggle Switch
- ✔ Features Tome, Mix, Ratio, Repeats & Dark Control Knobs
- ✔ Bright Pink Cute Metal Chassis Design
- Digital setting is hi-fi and clean with plenty of headroom
- Tape setting adds saturation and compression to mimic vintage tape delays
- Side-mounted switch is protected from accidental changes
- Tonal control for nailing every delay sound you need
- Dark control removes highs for a warmer delay timbre
- Mod 1 is a subtle shimmering effect
- Mod 2 is a darker and more intense modulation of your delay repeats
Anyone who follows JHS pedals will be familiar with the original Pink Panther Delay. Loved by guitarists for its hypnotising textures and crisp, detailed tones, the success and availability of the Pink Panther was unfortunately short lived after the chipset used in it became obsolete. Only a hundred models were produced before it was discontinued. Nearly 10 years after the original model was released, JHS announced a reissue of their coveted and seemingly forgotten pedal. So here we are.
The JHS Pedals Pink Panther is back! This unabashed digital delay draws its roots from our very first delay pedal, way back in 2007-2008. Staying true to our goal of bringing you a highly versatile, simple, and unique line of delay pedals, JHS outfitted the Pink Panther with a Tape Delay setting, tap tempo, modulation, and enough control to make it your go-to delay pedal on any gig. When it comes to the JHS Pink Panther, the saying, ‘What’s old is new again’ seems fitting. But then again, the Pink Panther never really gets old.
There’s an ambient beauty in the pristine repeats of a digital delay pedal that just can’t be found anywhere else. Likewise, there is pure magic in the tone of a vintage tape delay. JHS see no reason to make you choose between the two. The Pink Panther Delay’s side-mounted Digital/Tape switch takes you from crystal-clear washes to saturated and compressed goodness.
Whether you lean on the Pink Panther for its digital or its tape-like voice, JHS put enough tonal shaping on board to ensure you find your sound. A simple turn of the Dark knob removes highs from the repeats, helping your original tone stay on top of the mix. And with two modulation voices available, ’80s shimmer and old tape warble are just a flick of a switch away.
“The original Pink Panther was one of the early JHS pedals in our line and was the first JHS delay pedal dating back to 2007-2008. The new Pink Panther is now the continuation of our delay line, and it embraces our goal to bring you a highly versatile, simple and unique line of delay pedals.
The original 2007-2008 era rare/original units sell used for upwards of $500, so we thought it was time to go back to the drawing board to bring you what we consider the ultimate JHS reissue nearly ten years later. While the Panther Delay (large box, silver) and Panther Cub V1.5 (smaller box, teal) offer up authentic and genuine bucket brigade analog goodness, the Pink Panther takes a different approach: unashamed digital processing.
Some of our favorite delay pedals ever made are early digital delays like the Boss DD-5, Ibanez DE7, DDL and the DOD DFX9. We think that the Pink Panther tips its hat to those units that replicate, effect and mold your guitar tone into something that only digital delay can.
With a small footprint, loads of features and a simplistic user experience, we believe the Pink Panther is the diamond heist you have been looking for!”
Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay Pedal
- ✔ Vintage Tape Echo Warmth & Modulation
- ✔ Age Mode Varies Delay Tone
- ✔ 40 To 750Ms Of Delay Time
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- Vintage Echoplex EP-3 tape echo warmth and modulation
- Hi-fi analog and digital audio paths
- Dry path is 100% analog
- Age control varies delay tone from pristine to dark and dirty
- Delay control provides 65-750ms of delay time
- Tap tempo jack provides up to 4 seconds of delay time with external Tap Tempo Switch
- Studio-grade low noise floor
- Relay true bypass and delay trails modes
- Stereo In/Out capability when using TRS cables
The Echoplex EP-3 tape echo unit is famous for its deliciously warm, organic modulation and sweet musical voice—a key component to some of the most iconic guitar tones from the ’70s onward. The original EP-3 units, however, are expensive, temperamental, and larger than a VCR. That’s where the EP103 Echoplex Delay comes in. It’s the size of a Phase 90, and it delivers the EP-3’s legendary tones with a simple control interface and a hi-fi all-analog dry path.
The Delay control sets the time between repeats—from 40 to 750ms—the Sustain control sets the number of repeats, and the Volume control sets the output level of your repeats. Where the sound of this pedal really shines, though, is in Age mode. By default, your pedal performs as a perfectly-calibrated, factory-fresh tape echo machine would— bright and clear tape with subtle wow and flutter modulation. A quick push of the Volume knob lets you “age” the sound of your repeats, darkening the tone, upping the tape saturation (distortion), and increasing modulation and tape distress as you turn the knob clockwise. The ‘age’ ode accurately models the vicissitudes of tape transports and tape saturation, randomly changing pitch and affecting feedback and equalization as well.
The EP103’s delay signal gets the same tonal conditioning that the EP101 Echoplex Preamp provides, while the dry path is left untouched. For the full EP-3 experience, put that secret sauce on your dry signal by running the EP101 in front of the EP103. The Echoplex Delay also features tap tempo functionality, for up to 4 seconds of delay time, when you hook up an M199 MXR Tap Tempo Switch.
The dry path is all analog with Constant Headroom Technology™—providing a full 20 volts of headroom—and a choice of true relay or trails bypass. The EP103 can be set for 100% wet mode along with stereo input and output modes. No tape cartridges required!
The drop-dead gorgeous effects of the original Echoplex tape echo live on again in the wonderfully versatile EP103 pedal, but without the maintenance, cleaning, and other headaches associated with a vintage tape echo unit. Overall, with a high-quality analog dry signal path, stereo compatibility, and more. We can happily recommend the Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay pedal to any and all guitarists.
MXR M299 Carbon Copy Delay Pedal
- ✔ Bright Switch - Choose Between Original & Bright Mode
- ✔ Features Regen, Mix & Delay Control Knobs
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Durable Green Metal Chassis
- Analogue delay
- Carbon Copy / Carbon Copy Bright switchable
- Controls: Delay, Rain and Mix
- Delay: Affects their time delay
- Regen: Allows you to dial in the amount of repeats
- Mix: Balance your dry sound with the wet delay
- True Bypass
- Internal trim pots for width and speed
- Mod switch for activating the modulation
- Power consumption: 26 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 40 x 90 x 55 mm
- Weight: 130 g
In just over a decade, the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay has become a rock ‘n’ roll staple. Its rich bucket-brigade warmth and elegant simplicity have endeared it to guitar players around the world—weekend warriors and recording pros alike. It’s the go-to standard for players who want a well-rounded, easy-to-use delay pedal that sounds incredible. Between the Carbon Copy Analog Delay and Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay, you can find a solution for almost any of your delay needs—but if you’re looking to free up some space on your own board, or downsize to a smaller one for travel gigs, then consider another demand met.
The Carbon Copy Mini Analog Delay packs organic analog warmth and ease of use into an MXR mini housing with added sonic versatility so that you can make the most out of your pedalboard real estate. In its default mode, this pedal’s repeats yield the dark, mellow wash that made the Carbon Copy Analog Delay famous. For players who want more sparkle and clarity, we added a Bright switch that accentuates high end frequencies for increased presence and distinctively vocal repeats. And of course, the Carbon Copy Mini Delay is outfitted with the same modulation section as its forebear. Push the Mod switch and adjust the internal Speed and Depth controls to add everything from tape echo warble to shimmery, liquefied chorusing to your repeats. Finally, adjust the parameters of your delay signal with the Regen, Mix, and Delay controls.
BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay Pedal
- ✔ 11 Digital Delay Modes
- ✔ Built In Looper Offers 40 Seconds Of Recording Time
- ✔ Supports External Control - Foot Switches Or Expression Pedals
- ✔ BOSS 5 Year Guarantee
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity. And it does it all in a standard BOSS pedal that slides easily into any mono or stereo setup. Eleven modes provide delay colors from basic to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support. For maximum versatility in a minimum amount of space, there’s no better delay stomp than the DD-8.
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
Overall the DD-8 shows the direction BOSS are taking their digital delay pedals. With the new features there’s no end to your creativity with the versatile Boss DD-8 delay pedal.
BOSS TE-2 Tera Echo Delay/Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Level, Tone, Feedback & Time Control Knobs
- ✔ Durable Metal Chassis
- ✔ Dual (Mono/Stereo) Input & Output
- ✔ Boss 5 Year Warranty
- Echo / Delay
- MDP technology
- Custom DSP chip
- High dynamic absorption
- Controls for: Level, Tone, Feedback, Time
- Rich, spacious echo and ambience effects
- Dramatically enhances the direct tone, but never overwhelms it
- Freeze function holds the ambient sound for lead backing and sound effects
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and playing dynamics
- Wide range of sound adjustment with simple controls
- Mono/stereo input and output
- BOSS five-year warranty
The Boss TE-2 Tera Echo makes uses of the new MDP (Multi Dimension Processing) technology from Boss to give you an echo/delay effect that warps and shapes depending on exactly what you’re playing. This adaptive delay can create awesome ambient sounds but can be more subtle when you signal calls for it.
Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.
Thanks to MDP, the TE-2 delivers an amazing new ambience effect that satisfies and inspires. Complex internal processing produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it. Through the TE-2’s simple, familiar stompbox controls and incredible sensitivity to your playing dynamics, an extremely wide range of sounds can be achieved. And with the expressive Freeze function, you can hold the current effect sound to create rich soundscapes for lead playing and sonic exploration.
The TE-2 pedal creates different echo and resonance effects depending on how you are playing the strings. From brilliant chorus to space echo effects, this is not a controllable delay like the DD7. It’s more of a flavored echo smart pedal that self-adapts and changes with your playing style. It’s a pedal that you can have a lot of fun with and that’s why we’ve decided it’s well worth recommending.
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay Pedal
- ✔ A Trusted Pedal That Has Dominated For Over A Decade
- ✔ Hold Mode - Up To 40 Seconds Of Recording
- ✔ Analog Delay Mode - Models Classic BOSS DM-2 Sound
- ✔ BOSS 5 Year Warranty
- Expanded delay time, up to 6.4 seconds
- Modulation Delay mode offers natural, chorus-type sounds
- Analog Delay mode models the classic warm BOSS DM-2 analog delay sound
- Tap tempo controllable via external footswitch
- Delay time, feedback, and effect level can be controlled via external Expression pedal (sold separately)
- Up to 40 seconds of recording for sound on sound (Hold mode)
- BOSS five-year warranty
Even with the best-selling delays in compact-pedal history, BOSS continues to push the envelope and innovate. The DD-7 takes the best features from its predecessors and expands the creative potential with Modulation Delay mode, classic modeled Analog Delay mode, External pedal control options, longer delay time, and more.
The Boss DD-7 Digital Delay pedal gives you incredible digital delay and modelled analogue delay for incredible, dynamic performances. You can also make use of up to 6.4 seconds of delay time. The DD-7 also has an external expression and tap tempo input, allowing you to control the overall effect level or delay time remotely, whilst playing, further adding to the DD-7’s versatility as a creative and performance tool.
If you’re looking for a simple delay pedal that’s easy to use, doesn’t take up a load of pedal board space, and is still packed full of all the most important modern delay pedal features. Although it’s not the latest in the lineup, you can get it at a more affordable price than ever before. The DD-7 is the pedal for you.
MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay Pedal
- ✔ Rich, All Analog Delay
- ✔ Up To 600Ms Of Delay time
- ✔ Modulation Controls Emulate Tape Echo Tones
- ✔ Bucket Brigade Technology
- Analog delay
- Up to 600 ms delay time
- Analog signal path
- True Bypass
- Controls for Delay, Regen and Mix
- Foot switch from metal
- Sturdy metal housing
- Runs on 9 V battery or via the Dunlop ECB-003 AC adapter (not included)
- Made in USA
Go from crisp “bathroom” slap echoes to epic, Gilmouresque delays with the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay. Featuring 600ms of delay time with optional modulation, and a three-knob layout that controls Delay, Mix, and Regen. In addition, there are two internal trim pots that offer user-adjustable width and rate control of the modulation for even more tonal options. All done by a completely analog audio path for authentic rich, warm analog delay—made possible only by old-school analog bucket brigade technology. True bypass.
This pedal gives you everything from crisp bathroom slap echoes to epic delays, all with the simple twist of a knob. Listen to the countless happy customers and get yourself one today. You won’t be disappointed!
BOSS Waza Craft DM-2W Delay Pedal
- ✔ Special Edition Waza Craft Pedal
- ✔ True Reproduction Of The Vintage DM-2 Delay Sound
- ✔ All Analog Circuit With Bucket Brigade Delay Line
- ✔ Two Delay Modes - Standard (20-300Ms) & Custom(Up To 800Ms)
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.com
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- True reproduction of the vintage DM-2 Delay sound
- Premium all-analog circuit with BBD (bucket brigade) delay line
- Standard mode for authentic DM-2 tone with 20-300 ms delay time
- Custom mode provides warm-yet-clear delay sound and over twice the delay time
- Expression pedal input for foot control of delay time
- Two output jacks allow separate output of delay and direct sounds
- BOSS five-year warranty
Ever since being discontinued way back in 1984, the BOSS DM-2 Delay pedal has remained highly sought after by players everywhere for its warm, “bucket brigade” analog delay tone. Now, the DM is back! With the Waza Craft DM-2W, the coveted stomp has been reborn with switchable sound modes and greater versatility for today’s music styles. Using 100-percent analog circuitry, the DM-2W’s Standard mode nails the lush sound and 20-300 ms delay range of the original DM-2. Flipping into Custom mode instantly changes the sound character to a cleaner analog tone with over twice the available delay time.
The DM-2W has a very rich, full sound, thanks to its all-analog circuit that uses a “bucket-brigade device” (BBD) to create the delay effect. Capable of a wide range of tones from doubling to quick slapback to long repeating echoes, the character of the BBD effect is distinctly different from digital delay, which tends to be very crisp and defined.
The original DM-2 pedal design was straightforward and simple, offering delay times in the range of 20 to 300 milliseconds, plus that classic BBD tone. And when the DM-2W’s mode switch is on the “S” (Standard) setting, that’s exactly what you get—the real DM-2 analog delay sound.
The ability to connect an expression pedal and adjust the delay time with your foot is another new feature with the DM-2W compared to the original. The DM-2W pedal is pure analog through and through. If you love old-school tone and methods, the DM-2W is made for you! Check it out today!
Best Delay Pedals Under $100The delay pedal is one of the most iconic and recognizable guitar effects on the planet. The best delay pedals under $100 are hugely popular ...
Best Digital Delay Pedals On The MarketThe best digital delay pedals bring the delay effect into the 21st century. The best digital delay pedals convert an analog signal coming fro...
Best Analog Delay Pedals On The MarketThe best analog delay pedals on the market provide an excellent support tool for guitarists. Since the early 1970's the best analog delay ped...
- MXR M292 Carbon Copy Deluxe Delay Pedal
- EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Delay & Reverb Pedal
- JHS Pink Panther Delay Pedal
- Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay Pedal
- MXR M299 Carbon Copy Delay Pedal
- BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay Pedal
- BOSS TE-2 Tera Echo Delay/Reverb Pedal
- Boss DD-7 Digital Delay Pedal
- MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay Pedal
- BOSS Waza Craft DM-2W Delay Pedal