Top 10 Best Digital Delay Pedals On The Market (October 2020)
The best digital delay pedals bring the delay effect into the 21st century. The best digital delay pedals convert an analog signal coming from your guitar, into a digital signal. This is done using digital signal processing. This process removes any ‘spillage’ while giving the digital delay pedal the ability to create pitch perfect repeats.
Why Choose One Of The Best Digital Delay Pedals On The Market?
A digital delay pedal is an updated version of the traditional analog delays. Its purpose remains the same however the technology it uses to achieve this is widely different.
A digital delay pedal relies on algorithmic mathematics to calculate and produce a more accurate and reliable sound. This makes it quite popular with amateurs who are looking for consistency while they learn.
This new technology comes with additional benefits, features such as reverse, tap tempo and looping become possible. Also there is no physical circuitry inside the best digital delay pedals. Which means you don’t have to worry about components degrading over time.
Is Digital The Right Choice?
Signal integrity is maintained with a digital delay pedal. Something that can be lost with an analog delay model. The signal strength is also stronger and more consistently reliable than most analog delay pedals. Meaning you can achieve longer delay times.
Digital delay pedals do compress the guitar’s signal. However they make up for the fact this happens by providing a bunch of features. Features that would just not be possible on a traditional analog circuit.
Overall, there isn’t a right or wrong answer, simply two options with pros and cons on either side.
Digital delay pedals can have substantially more configuration knobs than an analog counterpart. This can lead to difficulty knowing exactly what each knob does. What each knob can cause to happen and overall confusion about how to achieve a desired effect. It’s normal for a guitarist to have to resort to the manual of digital delay pedals in order to fully understand the capabilities of the effects pedal they are trying to use.
So, if a digital delay pedal is for you. Take a look at the list of the best digital delay pedals on the market.
EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Delay & Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Capable Of 1500Ms Of Delay Time
- ✔ Nice Looking, Well Designed Pedal
- ✔ Made In Akron, Ohio, USA
- Digital delay & reverb in one pedal – with 1.5 seconds of delay time
- Independent control over delay and/or reverb effects
- Flexi-Switch allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching from a single footswitch
- All-analog dry signal path
- Silent soft-touch switching
- True Bypass
- Measures; 4.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- Current Draw; 78mA
- Power; Standard 9V DC Power Supply w/ 2.1mm Negative Center Barrel
The Dispatch Master is a hi-fi digital Delay & Reverb Device that combines independent delay and reverb effects into one space-saving enclosure, so you can keep deep ambient echoes (or just a quick slapback) on speed-dial.
The best-selling EarthQuaker Devices pedal just got bester [sic] with new Flexi-Switch® Technology! Want to dip into ambient delay and reverb sounds for just one note? Press and hold the footswitch for as long as you use the effect, release it when you’re finished, and resume your regularly scheduled dry sound. To use the Dispatch Master as a normal effects pedal, press the switch once to activate and again to bypass.
‘Mix’ provides a wet/dry blend that adjusts the overall level of the affected signal. ‘Reverb’ controls the amount of reverb. Counterclockwise is less reverb, clockwise is more reverb. ‘Repeat’ controls the regeneration of the delay signal. When the repeats control is set to maximum, you’ll get infinite repeats without runaway self-oscillation, which makes it great for creating drones, dialing in the ultimate post-rock guitar sound without feedback, or just having fun. ‘Time’ sets the delay time from 0ms to 1500ms (1.5 seconds).
Anyone who want to add a touch of ambience and slapback to their clean tone, and its lush ambient sounds make it a perfect fit for modern and experimental players. The EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 gives your tone a ton of depth and character. It’s a great pedal, easy recommendation and well worth taking a look at!
JHS Pink Panther Delay Pedal
- ✔ Digital & Tape Delay In One Funky Pedal
- ✔ Mod1/Mod2 Toggle Switch
- ✔ Features Tome, Mix, Ratio, Repeats & Dark Control Knobs
- ✔ Bright Pink Cute Metal Chassis Design
- Digital setting is hi-fi and clean with plenty of headroom
- Tape setting adds saturation and compression to mimic vintage tape delays
- Side-mounted switch is protected from accidental changes
- Tonal control for nailing every delay sound you need
- Dark control removes highs for a warmer delay timbre
- Mod 1 is a subtle shimmering effect
- Mod 2 is a darker and more intense modulation of your delay repeats
Anyone who follows JHS pedals will be familiar with the original Pink Panther Delay. Loved by guitarists for its hypnotising textures and crisp, detailed tones, the success and availability of the Pink Panther was unfortunately short lived after the chipset used in it became obsolete. Only a hundred models were produced before it was discontinued. Nearly 10 years after the original model was released, JHS announced a reissue of their coveted and seemingly forgotten pedal. So here we are.
The JHS Pedals Pink Panther is back! This unabashed digital delay draws its roots from our very first delay pedal, way back in 2007-2008. Staying true to our goal of bringing you a highly versatile, simple, and unique line of delay pedals, JHS outfitted the Pink Panther with a Tape Delay setting, tap tempo, modulation, and enough control to make it your go-to delay pedal on any gig. When it comes to the JHS Pink Panther, the saying, ‘What’s old is new again’ seems fitting. But then again, the Pink Panther never really gets old.
There’s an ambient beauty in the pristine repeats of a digital delay pedal that just can’t be found anywhere else. Likewise, there is pure magic in the tone of a vintage tape delay. JHS see no reason to make you choose between the two. The Pink Panther Delay’s side-mounted Digital/Tape switch takes you from crystal-clear washes to saturated and compressed goodness.
Whether you lean on the Pink Panther for its digital or its tape-like voice, JHS put enough tonal shaping on board to ensure you find your sound. A simple turn of the Dark knob removes highs from the repeats, helping your original tone stay on top of the mix. And with two modulation voices available, ’80s shimmer and old tape warble are just a flick of a switch away.
“The original Pink Panther was one of the early JHS pedals in our line and was the first JHS delay pedal dating back to 2007-2008. The new Pink Panther is now the continuation of our delay line, and it embraces our goal to bring you a highly versatile, simple and unique line of delay pedals.
The original 2007-2008 era rare/original units sell used for upwards of $500, so we thought it was time to go back to the drawing board to bring you what we consider the ultimate JHS reissue nearly ten years later. While the Panther Delay (large box, silver) and Panther Cub V1.5 (smaller box, teal) offer up authentic and genuine bucket brigade analog goodness, the Pink Panther takes a different approach: unashamed digital processing.
Some of our favorite delay pedals ever made are early digital delays like the Boss DD-5, Ibanez DE7, DDL and the DOD DFX9. We think that the Pink Panther tips its hat to those units that replicate, effect and mold your guitar tone into something that only digital delay can.
With a small footprint, loads of features and a simplistic user experience, we believe the Pink Panther is the diamond heist you have been looking for!”
BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay Pedal
- ✔ 11 Digital Delay Modes
- ✔ Built In Looper Offers 40 Seconds Of Recording Time
- ✔ Supports External Control - Foot Switches Or Expression Pedals
- ✔ BOSS 5 Year Guarantee
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity. And it does it all in a standard BOSS pedal that slides easily into any mono or stereo setup. Eleven modes provide delay colors from basic to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support. For maximum versatility in a minimum amount of space, there’s no better delay stomp than the DD-8.
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
Overall the DD-8 shows the direction BOSS are taking their digital delay pedals. With the new features there’s no end to your creativity with the versatile Boss DD-8 delay pedal.
BOSS TE-2 Tera Echo Delay/Reverb Pedal
- ✔ Features Level, Tone, Feedback & Time Control Knobs
- ✔ Durable Metal Chassis
- ✔ Dual (Mono/Stereo) Input & Output
- ✔ Boss 5 Year Warranty
- Echo / Delay
- MDP technology
- Custom DSP chip
- High dynamic absorption
- Controls for: Level, Tone, Feedback, Time
- Rich, spacious echo and ambience effects
- Dramatically enhances the direct tone, but never overwhelms it
- Freeze function holds the ambient sound for lead backing and sound effects
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and playing dynamics
- Wide range of sound adjustment with simple controls
- Mono/stereo input and output
- BOSS five-year warranty
The Boss TE-2 Tera Echo makes uses of the new MDP (Multi Dimension Processing) technology from Boss to give you an echo/delay effect that warps and shapes depending on exactly what you’re playing. This adaptive delay can create awesome ambient sounds but can be more subtle when you signal calls for it.
Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.
Thanks to MDP, the TE-2 delivers an amazing new ambience effect that satisfies and inspires. Complex internal processing produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it. Through the TE-2’s simple, familiar stompbox controls and incredible sensitivity to your playing dynamics, an extremely wide range of sounds can be achieved. And with the expressive Freeze function, you can hold the current effect sound to create rich soundscapes for lead playing and sonic exploration.
The TE-2 pedal creates different echo and resonance effects depending on how you are playing the strings. From brilliant chorus to space echo effects, this is not a controllable delay like the DD7. It’s more of a flavored echo smart pedal that self-adapts and changes with your playing style. It’s a pedal that you can have a lot of fun with and that’s why we’ve decided it’s well worth recommending.
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay Pedal
- ✔ A Trusted Pedal That Has Dominated For Over A Decade
- ✔ Hold Mode - Up To 40 Seconds Of Recording
- ✔ Analog Delay Mode - Models Classic BOSS DM-2 Sound
- ✔ BOSS 5 Year Warranty
- Expanded delay time, up to 6.4 seconds
- Modulation Delay mode offers natural, chorus-type sounds
- Analog Delay mode models the classic warm BOSS DM-2 analog delay sound
- Tap tempo controllable via external footswitch
- Delay time, feedback, and effect level can be controlled via external Expression pedal (sold separately)
- Up to 40 seconds of recording for sound on sound (Hold mode)
- BOSS five-year warranty
Even with the best-selling delays in compact-pedal history, BOSS continues to push the envelope and innovate. The DD-7 takes the best features from its predecessors and expands the creative potential with Modulation Delay mode, classic modeled Analog Delay mode, External pedal control options, longer delay time, and more.
The Boss DD-7 Digital Delay pedal gives you incredible digital delay and modelled analogue delay for incredible, dynamic performances. You can also make use of up to 6.4 seconds of delay time. The DD-7 also has an external expression and tap tempo input, allowing you to control the overall effect level or delay time remotely, whilst playing, further adding to the DD-7’s versatility as a creative and performance tool.
If you’re looking for a simple delay pedal that’s easy to use, doesn’t take up a load of pedal board space, and is still packed full of all the most important modern delay pedal features. Although it’s not the latest in the lineup, you can get it at a more affordable price than ever before. The DD-7 is the pedal for you.
Mooer Reecho Delay Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Durable Metal Chassis
- ✔ 3 Delay Modes - Analog, Real Echo & Tape Echo
- ✔ Features Level, Feedback & Time Control Knobs
- 3 Delay Modes: Analog/Real Echo/Tape Echo:
- Analog: Simulates a warm and smooth echo sound created by classic analog delay equipment.
- Real Echo: Simulates a natural echo sound in real environment.
- Tape Echo: Simulates the sweet and spacy echo sound from a vintage tape echo machine.
- Full metal chassis
- Very small and exquisite
- True bypass
- Requires DC 9V Adapter power supply
he Mooer Reecho is the most flexible delay guitar pedal in the Mooer range offer delay times from 5ms right through to 780ms with control over effect level and feedback as well as three way switch to define the tone of the delays: Analog, Real and Tape. A fantastic addition to any pedalboard!
If you’re looking for a small sized, highly capable delay pedal, check out the Mooer Reecho digital delay pedal today.
Caline CP-41 Reverb Delay Pedal
- ✔ Echo Delay That's Sounds Similar To Analog Delay
- ✔ Delay Time Ranges From 25Ms To 600Ms
- ✔ Sturdy Aluminum Alloy Chassis
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Signal Input: 1/4″Monaural Jack (impedance: 1M Ohms)
- Signal Output: 1/4″Monaural Jack (impedance: 470 Ohms)
- Power Supply: DC 9V power adapter(center negative) or 9V battery
- Current consumption: 40mA
- Item Size: 9.5 * 12 * 3.5cm / 3.7 * 4.7 * 1.4in
- Item Weight: 312g / 11oz
Caline CP-41 Ghost Rain Reverb Delay is a very good echo delay, natural dynamic, permeability clear and warm. Like the echo in the valley, keeps the original sound, dynamic and width. The CP-41 Ghost Rain combines a warm analog delay that are splashed with a light hint of reverb for a pleasing natural sound.
It’s worth noting that the reverb is added automatically and therefore cannot be manually adjusted. However it’s subtle enough that you’ll hear it yet it won’t overpower the delay. The delay really sounds good – full and clear, and an excellent path to travel on if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to sound great on stage or in the studio.
An easy recommendation for us. You should take a look.
Digitech Obscura Altered Delay Pedal
- ✔ Digital Delay Pedal That Runs Analog When Dry
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Features Level, Mode, Time & Tone Control Knobs
- ✔ On/Off Tails Toggle Switch
- Tap Tempo with Beat Divisions
- True Stereo I/O
- True Bypass
- Input Separate Left and Right ¼” Unbalanced (Tip-Sleeve)
- Input Impedance Effect on: >1 M (stereo), >500 k (mono); Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Output Separate Left and Right ¼” Unbalanced (Tip-Sleeve)
- Output Impedance Effect on: 1 k; Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Controls Level, Delay Type, Time, Repeats, Tone, Degrade, Delay Tails On/Off, Effect On/Off
- Switches Soft Click, Vacuum Style Footswitch; Reverb Tails On/Off Toggle Switch
- Power Requirements 9 VDC external power supply (required)
- Power Consumption 675 mW (< 75 mA @ 9 VDC)
- Current Draw 75 mA (typical at 9 VDC)
- Power Supply Model PS0913DC-01 (US, JA, EU); PS0913DC-02 (AU, UK)
- Power Supply Output 9 VDC 1.3 A
- Dimensions 4.40” (L) x 2.65” (W) x 2.0” (H); 11.18cm (L) x 6.73cm (W) x 5.08cm (H)
- Weight 1 lb; 0.453 kg
This new Digitech Obscura Altered Delay retro-delay simulator takes vintage tones and mangles them quite beautifully. The Obscura Altered Delay sports a retro-alchemic graphic art theme in the shape of a skeleton.
The Obscura Altered Delay from DigiTech allows you to turn your delays upside down and inside out. The Obscura’s four delay types can be darkened, degraded and distorted on the fly with the stacked Tone and Degrade controls. Combine these controls with the Obscura’s Repeat/Hold feature and lose yourself in long, trippy, gurgling repeats or backwards-manipulated sonic mayhem. In addition to its Tone and Degrade controls, the Obscura features independent Level, Delay Mode and stacked Time and Repeats controls.
Complimenting those versatile controls, the Obscura offers four excellent-sounding Analog, Tape, Lo-Fi, and Reverse types, Tap Tempo mode with Beat Divisions, Stereo Inputs/Outputs, a Delay Tails On/Off Switch and True Bypass circuitry. With its compact size and vacuum-style footswitch, the Obscura furthers DigiTech’s evolution in pedal design.
Digitech have put years of experience into every detail of its mechanical and sonic blueprint. The Obscura uses a 9V DC power supply to easily integrate into your existing pedalboard.
HOTONE Eko Digital Delay Pedal
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ MOD Button Provides Deep Spacy Sound
- ✔ Up To 500Ms Delay Time
- ✔ Super Small Pedal
- True Bypass Footswitch
- Transparent top knob and 2 noctilucent small knobs
- Cool LED lights
- Weight: 190 g
- Dimensions: 44mm(W) × 74mm(D) × 44mm(H)
- Maximum Delay Time: 500 ms
- Current Consumption: Max 60 mA
The Hotone Eko pedal is a digital delay stompbox with a direct analog signal path that achieves that classic, natural echo tone. The sound is pure, rich, and warm, and you can press the MOD button to get a deeper spacey feeling. Maximum delay time is approximately 500ms. Pure, warm, and natural echo tone–an excellent ambience maker. Digital Delay Line assures enough delay time and a pure signal path. Elaborate analog circuit makes the sound closer to a classic echo tone. Additional MOD push-button gives you even more space!
Summoning delay times of up 500ms with a modulation knob for even more expansive echo all contained within one of the smallest pedal designs on the market, the Hotone Skyline EKO Delay Pedal compounds decades of digital delay sounds literally into the palm of your hand. Distinctive for its clean, present echo tones popularized by digital delays of the ’90s, this effect’s affordability and size make it an easy addition to your pedalboard and a light footprint on your wallet.
What a nice addition to your pedalboard the Hotone Eko would make. Check it out for yourself!
Caline CP-19 Blue Ocean Delay Pedal
- ✔ Digital, Analog & Tape Delay Types
- ✔ Features Level, Delay & Repeat Control Knobs
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Durable Aluminum Casing
Be Advised - Possibly Low StockBuy From Amazon.com
- LEVEL: set the level of delayed signal,which mix with straight guitar tone.
- DELAY: Control the delay time from 25ms to 600ms.
- REPEAT: Control the repeat of the delay signal.
- LED Light: LED indicator shows the working state.
- Input & Output Jack: Analogy though 1/4’’ mono audio jack.
- Power Supply: 9V DC (Negative in the center).
- True Bypass: True bypass for zero tone coloration.
Caline’s Blue Ocean is a classic working man’s analog delay. Reliably built, with a range, useful from everything from slapback to cascading repeat oscillations, it’s geared toward those users who want an analog delay at an unbeatable price point.
With a truck load of positive reviews posted all over the internet it’s clear to see that the Blue Ocean delay pedal is a great budget option if the more expensive pedals are not within your means. It’s built well, has a very usable delay effects and a good range of adjustability. We think you should check it out & give it a chance.
Best Delay Pedals Under $100The delay pedal is one of the most iconic and recognizable guitar effects on the planet. The best delay pedals under $100 are hugely popular ...
Best Delay Pedals Under $200The delay pedal is one of the most iconic and recognizable guitar effects on the planet. The best delay pedals under $200 are hugely popular ...
Best Mini Delay Pedals On The MarketThe mini delay pedal is one of the most iconic and recognizable guitar effects on the planet. The best mini delay pedals on the market are hu...
- EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Delay & Reverb Pedal
- JHS Pink Panther Delay Pedal
- BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay Pedal
- BOSS TE-2 Tera Echo Delay/Reverb Pedal
- Boss DD-7 Digital Delay Pedal
- Mooer Reecho Delay Pedal
- Caline CP-41 Reverb Delay Pedal
- Digitech Obscura Altered Delay Pedal
- HOTONE Eko Digital Delay Pedal
- Caline CP-19 Blue Ocean Delay Pedal