Boss OC-3 Super Octave Pedal Buyers Review (March 2021)
Boss OC-3 Super Octave Pedal
- ✔ First Compact Pedal With True Polyphonic Octave Effects
- ✔ Drive Mode - Adds Distortion To Octave Notes
- ✔ Separate Inputs For Both Guitar & Bass
- ✔ BOSS 5 Year Warranty
- World’s first compact pedal with true Polyphonic Octave effects
- New Drive mode adds distortion to octave notes for a fatter, more aggressive tone
- Includes the original OC-2 mode, capable of producing notes one and two octaves down
- Poly Octave effect adjustable to play within a specific note range
- Bass input for adapting octave sound to bass guitars
- BOSS five-year limited warranty
The OC-3 picks up where the best-selling OC-2 left off, giving guitarists two brand new octave effects. Using the Polyphonic Octave mode, octaves can now be added when playing chords-a first in a compact pedal. More aggressive sounds can be had using the new Drive mode, which adds a touch of distortion to the octave sounds.
The OC-3 isn’t just for guitar, it’s also for bass. By connecting a bass guitar to the dedicated Bass input, the OC-3 automatically optimizes itself to suit the range of a bass guitar. Now bass players can upgrade to the ultra-stable octave sounds of the OC-3.
Don’t worry. BOSS knows how much guitarists depend on the original OC-2 sound. That’s why the OC-3 includes that classic “dual octave” effect, but with even better stability. This gives you the ability to blend up to three individual sounds: the original note, a note one octave below and one that’s two octaves below.
Overall the OC-2 has a classic octave tone and the new poly setting allows for more subtle effects. It has a great sound, a truly valuable and musical additional to the pedal board. You should check it out!