Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer Pedal (March 2021)
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer Pedal
- ✔ Easily Generate Deep Bass Tones
- ✔ Monophonic Device - Works Only On Single Tones
- ✔ True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Durable Metal Chassis
- 1/4″ input, dry output and effect output
- DC power input for battery replacement
- Status LED – pedal engaged or bypassed
Get down! Generates deep, phat bass tones one octave below the notes you play. Two separate smoothing filters enable you to tailor your sub-octave signal to the exact bass sound you desire, separating the Octave Multiplexer from other octave devices. Run your vocals through it and sound just like Ike Turner. This is a monophonic device and works only on single notes.
- HIGH FILTER Knob – Adjusts a filter that will shape the tone of the sub-octave’s higher order harmonics. Turning the HIGH FILTER knob clockwise will make the sub-octave sound more gnarly and fuzzy.
- BLEND Knob – This is a wet/dry knob. Counter-clockwise is 100% dry. Clockwise is 100% wet.
- BASS FILTER Knob – Adjusts a filter that will shape the tone of the sub-octave’s fundamental and lower order harmonics. Turning the BASS FILTER knob counter-clockwise will make the sub-octave sound deeper and bassier. Please Note: the BASS FILTER knob is only active when the SUB switch is set to ON.
- SUB Switch – Switches the Bass Filter in and out. When SUB is set to ON the Bass Filter and its corresponding knob are activated. When the SUB switch is set to OFF, only the High Filter is active. Turning the SUB switch on gives the sub-octave a deeper, bassier sound.
This is a very well made pedal, all metal, metal switch, etc. The only plastic is the knobs and they seem pretty solid as well. It does what it’s capable of doing (considering it’s monophonic limitations) very well. If you’re looking for something that will track multiple, complex chords and notes at the same time then this isn’t the pedal for you. If you want a solid octave pedal that is professionally made (exactly what we’ve come to expect from Electro Harmonix) then give this pedal a try!