EarthQuaker Devices Tentacle V2 Analog Octave Up Pedal (March 2021)
EarthQuaker Devices Tentacle V2 Analog Octave Up Pedal
- ✔ Relay Based True Bypass Switching
- ✔ Analog Octave Up Effect
- ✔ Same Circuit That's In The Hoof Reaper
- ✔ Durable Metal Housing
- Can be combined with any distortion pedal
- Circuit design comes from the Hoof Reaper
- Classic analog octave-up effect
- Metal housing
- Footswitch works as a latching and momentary switch
- True bypass
- 6.3 mm mono jack input / output
- Bypass footswitch
- Noiseless relay-based soft-touch circuit
- Status LED
- Power supply via 9 V DC power supply with 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm coaxial connection and polarity (-) inside (not included)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 117 x 64 x 57 mm
- Handmade in USA
The Tentacle is a classic analog octave up effect. It is the very same octave from EarthQuaker Devices’s beloved Hoof Reaper pedal. They got so many requests to make this a stand-alone unit that they had no choice but to make it a reality. You can now add an excellent, swelling octave up to anything your heart desires!
Pair it with your favorite fuzz, strap a headband on and unleash your inner Jammy Hendrix. Put it in front of another octave up and blow your amps mind. Throw it in the effects loop of a delay and marvel at what happens.
What’s better? It has no controls! Nothing to worry about at all here, just hit the switch and go for it. The Tentacle is an analog octave up, the effect will become much more pronounced when using your neck pickup and playing above the 12th fret.
Overall it’s a great pedal. Quality construction and build. Great packaging. Works perfectly. If you’re looking for an octave up pedal and you don’t want the confusing configuration controls then this pedal might be the one for you. Check it out for yourself!