MXR M293 Booster Pedal Buyers Guide Review (March 2021)
MXR M293 Booster Pedal
- ✔ Boost Volume By Up To 25dB
- ✔ Features Volume & Tone Control Knobs
- ✔ Durable Metal Housing
- ✔ Small Sized Pedal Will Fit On Most Pedalboards
- Up to 25 dB of boost
- Sound of the Echoplex preamp in a mini case
- True bypass
- Controls for volume and tone
- Internal Trimpoti to adjust the output of the Echoplex preamp
- Bypass footswitch
- Status LED
- Metal housing
- 6.3 mm Mono jack input/ output
- Power supply via supplied 9V DC (Dunlop ECB 003) power supply
- Current consumption: 12.5mA
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 90 x 40 x 55 mm
- Weight: 130 g
The MXR Booster Mini gives you the sonic secret sauce of the Echoplex Preamp with the legendary boosting power of the MXR Micro Amp in a lightweight, space-saving mini housing. The Volume control has up to +25dB on tap while the Tone control rolls off highs. To add a little extra grit to your signal, adjust the internal Echoplex Preamp level control. Put the MXR Booster Mini on your board to save space, season up your tone, and fly high above the mix.
The MXR Booster Mini is actually two pedals in one, combining the sought-after boost found in the MXR Micro Amp and the subtle gritty edge from the Echoplex Preamp. The Booster Mini comes in a lightweight mini-housing and features controls for volume and tone. Using it as a boost in front of an amp, the pedal responds with warm sustain and ballsy overdrive.
Overall we think this clean boost pedal has more too it than most. If you think this is the pedal for you, go check it out!